cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network re-assignment to WBS element

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI SAP Gurus,

As per SAP stantdard, we can create network and network activities, and we can Assign it to Project definition and WBS element.

Also, it is possible to reassign network and activities to other Project definition and WBS element.

Is there any possiblity to restrict this RE-assignment?

Any pointers will be helpful.

Thanks and regards,

Narender.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could use a validation to make sure the field hasn't changed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ken,

Thanks for replying. I was thinking in this direction but not able to decide on the logic.The complete business logic is:

1. User will create WBS element and network & network activity which will be assiged.

2. Untill a stage of user status, the re-assignment will be allowed. Lets say after user status 2, the reassignment will not be allowed.

In my opinion, there are 2 ways of handelling this scenario:

1. Validation. Creating a new step where system will check Network status User status => 2. But how we will control further validation? How system should behave to make the field non-editable?

2. User status: In user status SPRO settings, on particular status, the change action for WBS element field marked as "Forbidden" But this option does not exists in standard SAP.

I did not find any other way to find the solution. Can you please guide me further?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Narender.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would take a User Exit validation.  You can code it to work anyway you want.  You can't make the field non-editable, but it would prevent them from saving if the assignment was changed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ken. I will try to work on this solution later on.

Answers (0)