cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI SHPCON - Prevent delivery quantity being updated/changed

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to process an inbound shipping confirmation.

The delvivery should be Picked and has the qualifier E1EDL18-PIC.

The batch in the SHPCON should be changed in the delivery, the Segment E1EDL19 is in the position, but without a qualifier.

However, when the delivery quantity in the SHPCON differs from the quantity in the delivery, the inbound IDOC should go onto error 51 - with message VL217 - Material is not the same for confirmation and delivery

At the moment the quantity in the delivery is being changed to the quantity in the SHPCON.

How is it possible, to create this error?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

Sorry to ask you but i am bit confused with the query.

1) Are you getting the error VL217 when processing the SHPCON idoc or

2) you want to build the functionality that during processing of IDoc when the incoming IDoc quantity is not equal to Delivery quantity then system should give you the error message VL217

Regard

Manish kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

Thankyou for answering; I have now solved the problem, but to explain:

Our logistic partner receives a DESADV (SHPORD) from us, telling him what to deliver. He sends us a SHPCON, which then does the Picking and PGI.

When the quantity in the SHPCON is larger than the quantity in the delivery, Status 51 with the error message VL217 occurs. This is correct.

However (in standard), when the SHPCON-quantity is less than the delivery quantity, the delivery quantity gets automatically reduced to the quantity in the SHPCON. Only once the sales order reappeared in the delivery due list, did we know the full quantity had not been delivered.

I have now implemented a check into EXIT_SAPLV55K_005, include ZXTRKU13. When the quantity in the SHPCON is less than in the delivery, I add an entry to the table PROCESSING_PROTOCOL:

DATA: ls_prott TYPE prott.   " Structure for Processing errors

ls_prott-msgno = '217'.

ls_prott-msgty = 'E'.
ls_prott-msgid = 'VL'.

Append ls_prott to processing_protocol.

This sets error status 51, with the message text from VL217.

Regards,

Phil Donaldson

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

That is great....just wanted to let u know that we had the similar situation and we were using the WHSCON with batch split to do the PGR. We found that when incoming idoc quantity was equal to delivery quanity system was able to post the document but unable to change the goods status to C. We shared our analysis with SAP and they released a High priority OSS note on 26-Nov-2013 to resolve this. I have posted the business scenario and other detail under heading "

IDoc message type WHSCON with batch split"

This is just for your information

cheers

Manish

Answers (0)