cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Java add-in Netweaver 2004s SR1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to install a Java Add-in on a newly upgraded Netweaver 2004s SR1 system (upgrade was from NW04). This system is a Unicode ABAP system at the moment.

When running the DB instance installation, it fails with this message:

ERROR XXXX

FSL-06002 Error 1060 (The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

) in execution of a 'SyWinGetSecurityDescriptor' function, line (1296), with parameter (Error in getting security descriptor for 'MSSQL@BWZ' NT service).

It looks like it tries to connect to the database instance locally (but it is on another server, so it doesn't exist locally). This is very strange, since it reads all parameters from the profile files without asking for the name of the database server during the parameter input.

Upon creating these services as dummy services, it actually passes these stages, but fails on actual connection to the database that's supposed to be installed.

Has anyone encountered this? Perhaps there's a way to force it into asking which database instance to connect to explicitly?

Thanks,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Usually it gets the information from the environment scripts located in home directory of the sidadm (for example /home/sapsys/<sid>adm in UNIX). You find script files like dbenv.sh, j2eeenv.sh, j2eeenv.csh etc. Make sure that these files have no reference to the DBHOST etc, then the install should ask you for that. If that helps, after the install, place back the entries you have deleted.

- Sai Kondapi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the share permissions on sapmnt

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm getting the same error as you. I'm upgrading from CRM 4.0 (6.20 release) to 5.0 (7.00 Netweaver 2004s SR2). My system is Unicode. I'm attempting to install the Java instance as an add-in. For me, the "Central Services Instance (SCS) Java Add-in" phases were successful. I'm also stuck in the "Database Instance Java Add-in" phase. For my installation, I'm stuck in step 11 of 18...which is "Grant database access for account Domain\sidadm". I'm installing the Java instance on the Central Instance server. However, like you the database server (SQL Server 2005) is on a different host. I did the very same steps in our sandbox system and was successful. The only difference, my sandbox system Central instance and database were on the SAME server.

I've opened a ticket with SAP.

<b>Here is the error message from my sapinst.log</b>:

ERROR 2007-08-03 16:01:32

FSL-06002 Error 1060 (The specified service does not exist as an

installed service.) in execution of a 'SyWinGetSecurityDescriptor'

function, line (1296), with parameter (Error in getting security

descriptor for 'MSSQLSERVER' NT service).

MUT-03025 Caught ESyException in Modulecall: ESAPinstException: error

text undefined.

FCO-00011 The step doGrantServiceRights with step key

|NW_Addin_DB|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|7|0|NW_CreateJavaSchema|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_MSS_DB|ind|ind|ind|ind|6|0|MssOsUser|ind|ind|ind|ind|11|0|doGrantServiceRights was executed with

status ERROR .

Rich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am receiving the same DB error in "Grant database access to donaim\sidadm". Please let me know if there is any fix/step you executed to make it successful

Thanks,

Bharathi