Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need information for SAPCAR version to extarct JIDE12_0-10006656.SAR

susmita_panigrahi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using Windows 7 OS 64 bit. Recently basis team implemented the patch in the portal. We are using now 7.02 SP12 portal.

Now we are using NWDS 7.0.15.I extracted the SAR file using SAPCAR 2.0 version.

I want to upgrade the NWDS version to 7.02.12.For this I need to extract the SAR file JIDE12_0-10006656.SAR using SAPCAR software.

Can you please provide us the information which version of SAPCAR I need to use to extract SAR file of SP12 for NW DEVELOPER STUDIO 7.02?

Will SAPCAR 2.0 version work while extracting the SAR file JIDE12_0-10006656.SAR?

Thanks & Regards,

Susmita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Susmita,

yes, it should work (syntax: SAPCAR -xvf <SAR file>). If not, then try the 720 version of sapcar available on the SMP at http://service.sap.com/patches -- Browse our Download Catalog -- Additional Components -- SAPCAR

Please also note that as described in
#1566977 - NWDS on Windows 7
you can install NWDS on win7, but officially this is a non-supported setup, and SAP does not plan to provide support for this constellation. You can install and use NWDS 7.0X on win7, but in case of any problems I regret to inform you that we cannot provide any assistance.

Excerpt from the note:

"There are successfull installations of NWDS 7.0x running inside and outside of SAP.
Please make sure that the NWDS is running on a supported and correctly configured JDK. Please acknowledge that while you may successfully install and run NWDS 7.0x on Windows 7 this still is not a supported OS! Running NWDS 7.0x on Windows 7 is at your own risk."

The officially supported OS for NWDS 7.0X is Windows XP as per:

#1225606 - Platform Restrictions f. NetWeaver Developer Studio 2.x-7.0x

Best Regards,

Ervin

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it should work also.