cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disable dev_jrfc.trc

0 Kudos

Hey guys,

i got a problem on our Netweaver Portal Server. In folder sapmnt\<SID>\<SID>##\j2ee\cluster\server0 there are a lot of dev_jrfc,trc files with 8 mb (on a single day some gigabytes..)  and hdd space run short. Usually it should help to change -Djrfc.trace, -Djco.trace_level, -Djco.jarm to 0 in configtool and restart the cluster. But in my case it doesnt work, it takes no effect. whats wrong?

Into the trc logs are only written some  RFCIO_ERROR_INTERNAL(3) but it doesnt matter because connections are working. So we can disable the trace. Here the instance_ID settings

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

Kindly refer the below link  :

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SI/Java+Connectivity

Let me know if it helps you .

Regards

Ram

0 Kudos

i read all usual help sites from SAP and tried it! Usually change/input a parameter would be easy if it works!

on http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SI/Java+Connectivity

or set the following Java system property by using the ConfigTool

-> -Djrfc.trace=1

These settings will be effective only for newly opened connections or - in case of the Java system property - only after restart of the J2EE Engine.

in my case set to "0". I dont find the problem, so i started this thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

From above document:

dev_jrfc.trc : This is the RFC error log that is always produced if an RFC error occurs. It cannot be switched off.

0 Kudos

okay well or even not in my case  😉 so i must remove the rfc errors.

thank you guys

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steffen,

Can you change these settings in NWA and restart the instance.

NWA -> Configuration -> Infrastructure -> Java System Properties -> Services tab -> Jco RFC Provider -> set 0 for jrfc.trace & jco.trace_level.

Regards,

Mudasir.

0 Kudos

can´t do this steps on NWA. I can only check it with following steps Configuration / System Properties - Instance - server0 and the parameters are shown under java.parameters.

i checked on Systeminformation > server0 > vm parameters / system properties  all 3 parameters set to "0"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you please check the below link.

Tracing JCo Calls - Administration Manual - SAP Library

thanks

Rishi abrol

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Start Visual Admin and navigate to Server - Services - JCo RFC Provider - Select the JCo RFC under Runtime - Special Settings

Check the trace level here.

Regards

RB

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Also check the Log Configurator under Server - Services and put the Severity level to Error if it is presently set to info.

Regards

RB

0 Kudos

thank you for your answer, here in all avaible RFC listeners was on "0" too.

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The only options I am aware of are the ones I have pointed out.

1066427 - Trace JCo RFC Provider

Regards

RB

0 Kudos

there i set up before to severity "none" ;/