cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label is shown gray and without *.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

could you help me with Web Dynpro, please?

I need to have one row with label (or labels) and under this row I need to have RowRepeater with their required InputField (or fields):

Problem is that InputField is in RowRepeater and label is in TransparentContainer and therefore label is shown gray (not black) and without *:

How could I manage what I want?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Monika, set labelFor property to some other UI element (even to transparent container where it is itself). this will enable it but in order to get * label needs to be associated with UI element having state = required.:

Label - Reference - SAP Library

If the assigned UI element has the status required, this is indicated by a small red star to the right of the label text.

As a workaround you can create an input field with state required and width = 0px and associate label with that input field

former_member196157
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hiii,

use layout of transparent Container layout is MatrixLayout

and lable properties are

Former Member
0 Kudos

Makrim, thank you, but I have Labels associated with InputFields (required). My problem is that InputFields are in RowRepeater and Labels are out...See my answer for Katrice, please...Thank you.

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Monika, that is the problem - the purpose of label is also:

By clicking on the label, the assigned UI element is activated (dropdown* UI elements and input fields are focused, check boxes toggled and radio buttons selected).

Label - Reference - SAP Library

In case of RowRepeater there is a semantic conflict which InputField to activate as there could be many.

So, to implement the look and feel you need use the workaround I mentioned below:

you can create an input field with state required and width = 0px and associate label with that input field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mounika,

Set the layout of ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER as Matrix Layout and for Input field,set the layout as MatrixHeadData. Then your issue will be resolved.

Thanks

Katrice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katrice,

thank you, but I´m not sure that it solves my problem when I need to repeat the whole row (more than one fields):

I can repeat the whole row only with using RowRepeater (InputFields are in RowRepeater nad their Labels are out)...but it works this way:

Thank you for your advice...

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Monika

Put each input field in to one transperent container along with its label and set the layout of transp. container as matrix layout and the layout of input field as matrix head data. It will resolve your issue.FYR, Pls see the attached snap shot.

Thanks

KH