Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to do CTS config

anvardheen_jabarullah
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In one system copy, after db restoration directly went to t-code STMS and gave "Transport control domain" for the target system.they didn't do any changes in SE06-->CTS config.

I have refered another document in that they have done(mentioned)

SE06-->
SE06
1. Select the Database Copy or migration option
2. Press the Post-installation Processing button.
3. When prompted Do you want to re-install the CTS?, press the Yes button
4. When prompted *for* the Source System of Database Copy?, make sure that the of the production system is selected. Press the checkmark button to continue.
5. When prompted Change originals from PRD to QUA?, press the Yes button
6. When prompted Delete TMS Configuration?, press the Yes button
7. When prompted Delete old TMS configuration?, press the Yes button
8. When prompted Delete Old Versions of transport routes?, press the No button

Let me know what is the difference and where we do CTS config.Both are system copy from Production system

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From what i understand Se06 deletes the STMS Config. this will empty all transports from SE10 unlock objects and reset E070L back to the beginning.

When you call transaction SE06 and trigger the option 'Database Copy or Database Migration' to unlock the objects.SE06 closes the old transport requests i.e. it sets them to status released without doing an export, unlocks (TLOCK empty) the objects and removes the repair flags.

In your case as you have done the copy from production so there are no project where transport are created in Production but if you have then you need to check things.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

anvardheen_jabarullah
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Rishi & Benjamin for your solution.

So If We are doing system copy from Prd to Pre-Prd, Don't need to configure in SE06? Am I getting correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its always good to use SE06 as it helps you to clean the old settings and and get your quality system clean for the new configuration.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

anvardheen_jabarullah
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for all your advices..

Once again I got the below query while doing system refresh

Recently our landscape systems were performed System refresh, During that Our project people done STMS configuration. During that i couldn't see any screens like "CTS config related screens"

How is it possible?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

When you do a system copy the source system database will have the configuration of the source system. You need to run Tx SE06 and delete the TMS configurations on the target system and then configure TMS using the Tx STMS.

Regards

RB

anvardheen_jabarullah
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can we Do "  TMS old Configuration deletion " by using the below screen instaed of running t-code SE60.

Let me know if click this option, Entire old TMS configuration will be deleted?