cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure GL posting in billing for TAN and TANN?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to seek your help and advise on how to configure account determination postings in billing for the 2 item categories TAN and TANN in 1 order type? I have already created 2 pricing conditions and 2 different account keys for each of the item categories but the posting is still not as expected. Please help and advise. Posting whould be as follows:

for TAN:

PGI:
Promotion Expense(6010400010)
Purchased Goods(1010800010)
Billing
COGS(5010100010)
Good in transiton(1010800040)

For TANN:

PGI:
Good Transiton(1010800040)
Purchased Goods(1010800010)
Billing:
Promotion Expense(6010400010)
Good Transiton(1010800040)

I would really appreciate any tips or advise for this.

Thank you very much,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lemily,

If I’m not wrong, your requirement is, for one item category (TANN) in a sales order your G/L Acc. entry should be different from other.

I think this is possible.

Create a different Delivery Type and Billing type for TANN Item Category and configure necessary copy controls.

Create Pricing Procedure say X (may be you can copy the Standard one you are using).

Define and Assign new Account keys in Pricing procedure X and Configure/Assign required G/L Accounts in VKOA against that Account keys.

Define Document Pricing procedure.

Assign this document pricing procedure to billing type.

Map this, Document pricing procedure, pricing procedure, sales org. Dist.Chnl & division in Define pricing procedure determination.

After this, cross check the billing type (T.code VOFA) whether the correct document pricing procedure is assigned.

Now create delivery and billing.

Please ensure in Billing document at header level “ pricing procedure X” is displayed in pricing procedure field under Pricing data tab.

There was a similar requirement in my org and i configure the above steps. It's working.

Please refer my attachment for Acc. entry.

please try at you end.

Warm Regards,

Rakesh K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rakesh,

Thank you very much for this. I will try this first and will get back to you for the results.

Thanks again.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I didnt understand your accounting entries for TAN. Usually at the time of PGI we charge COGS and inventory stock and on billing we charge customer and revenue account but in your case for TAN accountint entries are different.

We can use free goods pricing in VOV7 and can post TANN to two different GLs at the time of billing. These GLs would be based on R100 condition,s account key which you assign in V/08. For TAN we can't chanrge it to two G/Ls except in cash sales. For TAN you have to post debit entry in customer's account.

PGI accounting entries are configured in OBYC and Billing accounting entries are configured in V/08 and VKOA. I have shared my opinion. If you don't understand this then let me know for more clarification.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moazzam,

Thank you very much for your response. The reason why posting is as i have shown for tan (std item) is because those sales are for sales from edi and for sales which we call "border" sales and credit sales. Because those sales usually arrived in customers end by 2 to 3 weeks at most and we'd like to recognize those as sales only when it arrives and received by the customer.

Is there any way to realize our requirement? Please hrlp and advise as i have tried to everthing in the configurations but i stilk could not achieve the expected postings.

Any tips would be greatly appteciated.

Lemily

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In this case why don't you use standard sales process with proof of delivery? POD

I think you should delivery goods and wait for the delivery acknowledgment and when customer receive the delivery then create invoice and recognize your sales. I dont know what are the issues or requirements of your client but in my opinion you should stick to SAP best practice and try to follow standards. Accounting documents you have mentioned are not possible for TAN.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Moazzam,

Thank you very much for your input and advise. I will check your advise and with that, do you have any link for guides on how to implement POD in ECC6?

Thank you very much,

Lemily

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lemily

Please put some efforts at your end as well and don't get a habbit of spoon feeding. I am saying this for your own good not for myself or others. If you google with POD in SAP SD, you will get a lot of links from where you can get a huge information about this topic.

Check this link for reference.

http://www.learnsaptips.com/2012/09/proof-of-delivery-pod-process-in-sap.html

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Moazzam,

Thank you for your help and advise.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for understanding and you are always well come

Thank$

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

May I know,why you want to GL posting from billing with TAN and TANN ?

would like to seek your help and advise on how to configure account determination postings in billing for the 2 item categories TAN and TANN in 1 order type?

If the line item ( item category of line item ) is related to price then you can post that line item amount into GL account from billing. But you are using TANN ,it is not related to price.This will be used in Free of charge item.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naren,

Thank you very much for your response, the reason why we want to post for TANN (free of charge item) is so that our acctg dept would be able to track how many promotional items have been given out. Please let me know if i have answer the question.

Thank you and i would really appreciate any help or advise regarding this.

Lemily