cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FG and SFG Resource Capacity in CTM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I would like to ask your inputs on the behavior of CTM when it comes to FG and SFG Resource. Because in my case, resource capacity of SFG is different on resource capacity of FG. But I thought they should be the same? Since FG will just create dependent demand for SFG, so the assumption is that it will create the same Planned order values, which will consume the resource capacity.

I have this example for your understanding on what is happening:

Resource 1 ( for FG)

Demand = 100

Planned Order = 100 (created after CTM)

Resource capacity = 100%

Resource 2 (for SFG)

Dependent demand = 100

Planned Order = 80 (created after CTM)

Resource capacity = 100%

This is the one I thought that should happen:

Resource 1 ( for FG)

Demand = 100

Planned Order = 100 (created after CTM)

Resource capacity = 100%

Resource 2 (for SFG)

Dependent demand = 100

Planned Order = 100 ==> resource will create same Planned order because it has the same dependent demand from FG

Resource capacity = 100%

I will really appreciate if you will be able to throw me some light on this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ayana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member458819
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arca

The planned order will created according to the ddemand of SFG.The Requirement is 100 so it should created the receipt quantity of Requirement.

Second point is that Resource Cap of SFG is less than FG for that day.

The Resource capacity is only 80 which is less than demand....

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arca,

As Sourabh, already informed about behavior.

I would like to add something...

Planned order creation of FG and SFG are dependent upon the capacity of resource on which they are manufactured (as per as SNP- constrained based planning is considered)

if you use infinite capacity i am sure you will get the result which you expected.

Planned order creation of SFG is not dependent on the planed order of FG . It is dependent on the dependent requirement created by FG planned order (depends on BOM quantity 1:1, 1:X etc), Capacity of resource(since constrained based in SNP), Lot size, rouding profile all parameters of SFG.

Hope this help

Regards,

Pravin M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pravin/Sourabh,

Thank you for your response.. I got the point, but is there a way to align the capacity of SFG resource so that it will create the same Planned Order like in FG?

In which masterdata this behavior can be controlled?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ayana

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ayana,

You can align the no. of planned orders by either decreasing capacity of FG resource or increasing capacity of SFG resource.

You can delete extra planned order of FG, which will not require any capacity adjustment.

But these things are very much subjective to business requirement, so need to be discussed with business people in detail and see what option is giving value to them.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayana,

with your comment

"is there a way to align the capacity of SFG resource so that it will create the same Planned Order like in FG?"

I would like to ask

1. do you really have SFG capacity constrain?- If yes the system is behaving very good.  (if not just make infinite resource and u will get same order quantity.. and you can manage the scheduling afterwords... which is usually case in business)

If not much or you can manage to some extent .e.g. 10-20%  then you can increase the efficiency of the resource which will increase its capacity, increase shift timing if feasible for particular time frame where you expect more demand for FG.  Apply all the ways to increase capacity of the resouce.

As Sourabh rightly said.. Its all business decisions.. managing in system is quire easier than getting business working same way .

Regards,

Pravin M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

What I don't understand is that there is no capacity constraint yet in the SFG resource, but it is creating less orders than FG.

So my assumption is since you still have the capacity in SFG resource, you can still create orders, am i making sense?

In my current resource, FG and SFG, they are both 100% utilization already with 24 hrs productive time.

How would I increase the capacity more?

Thanks a lot for your inputs!

Regards,

Ayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sourabh,

Actually that is the workaround being done currently, which is to update the extra FG Planned order.

So we are thinking how to align FG and SFG after running CTM without manual intervention, if it's really possible.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Ayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are your parameters in the CTM profile?

are you considering all resources finite or settings from resource.

Try to make your SFG resource as infinite with settings. I am sure you will get the results.

when you say ur SFG and FG are using 100%, this does shows that 1 unit of SFG is taking more capacity than 1 unit of FG.

There are many ways you can get your expected results but not sure if it suits your company requirement/policy.

Regards,

Pravin M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

CTM settings is considering the settings of resource. And yes, if I run infinitely I can get the result. That's true.

But I guess if I run infinitely, there will be overcapacity of resource for SFG. And that's not what I want to happen.

I wan't FG and SFG still the same Planned order quantity, but will still consider the capacity.

It that possible?

Thanks for helping!

Regards,
Ayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arca,

I do not see any other options as such since this is working as expected as a part of Constrain based planning.

Now today i had gone through 'Dmand and supply propogation'..i feel it can given a good solution for you based on current SFG situation how much FG you can manufacture. and you will always have similar order quantity for FG and SFG with this process.

Supply and Demand Propagation - Supply Network Planning Run - SAP Library

I never did this, nither any of my friends in the office, so i would appreciate if you try and share the results with me so i will also learn something new.

Regards,

Pravin M.

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ayana,

This seems to be correct behavior considering capacity of Resource 2 (SFG) seems to be lower then Resource 1 (FG).

In your case as per demand CTM checks the capacity of resource 1 and it is creating planned order of 100.

Now when system is trying to create dependent demand it checks capacity of Resource 2, which seems to be not enough for creating 100 SFG, so system is creating SFG as per capacity of resource 2.

Assumption is resource 1 has higher capacity then resource 2 and which is lower then 100.

If this is not the case, plz let me know.

Rgds

Sourabh