cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization clietnt's roles on sandbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts

My development system consisted with 120[Sandbox], 100[Golden master] and 140 [Authorization client]. When we create a report or a program on 100 those are automatically can be used on 120. But when we create roles on 140 those are cannot be seen on 120.

But we can do it by SCC1 from 120 to 140 . I want get it automatically when we save on 140.

Please give me an explanation and which configuration should I use to do that.

Also I want to know the if we  configure to do so is there any issue?

Thanks

Priyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It is possible to automate the copy of customizing from between development system clients by scheduling report RSCC_SCC1_BATCH.

Check the here under note for details

Best regards

645846 - CC-ADMIN: Collective Customizing copy with SCC1

For a simple copy of Customizing changes between two clients of a system, you can also use the RSCC_SCC1_BATCH report.

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Priyan,

Programs are repository objects which are all cross client objects (client independent) and any changes made in one client will take effect in all clients as it is cross client customizing. Whereas, roles are client dependent, if you want to same role to be available in other other client you have to transport it as the user master records are client dependent.

Client independent settings: Client independent elements are objects that are used in all clients

a) System programs and data dictionary repository objects are all client independent

b)Access sequence

c)Data structures, field definition, table definitions, table structure, file setups, client independent tables are all client independent settings

d) transactions, standard reporting, authorization objects,SAP library and other independent settings.

Client Depend Settings:Client depend settings are objects that are only used in a specific client ther are

a)Client specific tables

b)Customer master records

c)User master records

d)Authorization profiles

e)Customer specific programs are all clients dependent data

You cannot access data in other clients .each clients data is protected from unauthorized access. reporting cannot be performed across all clients. data between clients cannot be exchanged

Please go through this thread and see Seegal reply who explained it nicely.

regards

kartik