cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project synchronization in IDT - How can I see the specific differences

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BOBJ 4.X experts,

I have a quick question with regards to synchronization universes within IDT. When you synchronize local project with the one published on the repository and you make changes locally; the system shows you that there have been changes locally. However, it does not show you the specific changes (tables added/removed for instance) after the changes have been locally saved. My question is there anyway someone to tell the difference between the local projects vs. project that has already published on the repository?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no diff capability.  I use a local version control on my IDT workspace folder to manage incremental changes, as that seems to be the most reliable for me.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jean,

The server copy ( aka published copy) of the  universe is the released copy that can be accessed by other webi / front-end tool developers and users. The local copy is where you make changes. These local changes are not available to other users until you publish them.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no version compare between local and server copy to see what changes were made. Remember, when you publish the project to server, the changes in server are over-written. You can make a backup of the local project after downloading from server and before making changes if you want to maintain different versions.

Hope this helps.

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Rama,

thanks a lot for getting back to me. I'm not even talking about the other users I'm sharing the projet with. let say that I added a table in the local projet (btw u and I , i know the changes made). But , assuming I made those changes by mistake, and when I click on show changes icon, I see that the local project has been changed. The issue is, there is I don't how to find /see thoses specifc changes made to the foundation/business layer. Is there a way to find out what my own changes are?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I moved this to the Semantic Layer space