cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IM to WM storage location conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Requirement: We have an IM storage location and we want to convert that same Sloc into WM storage location. We are looking at keeping it simple by making it a non SU managed WM location for the purpose of tracking stocks at bin level.

Out idea is to transfer all the stocks into a dummy Sloc and convert the existing one into WM and then transfer the stock back to the location after porting the transports related to WM config.

Please let us know any negative implications if we convert existing IM Sloc to WM managed Sloc.

If some has already worked on the same and can provide your views/suggestions/roadblocks related to this scenario will be of great help to us.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kartheek_epuri
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Harish,

i faced similar kind of situation in one of our clients earlier too. It is ok to move stock to a dummy storage location and transfer stock back Wm managed storage location. Make sure you move stock dummy storage location before moving transports to production.We had good number of crumbs during this conversion as most of the materials Buom is in KG's and transfer between storage locations was done in LB's. Just make sure all Units of measure are in buom to minimise the number of issues after conversion.

Thanks

Kartheek Epuri

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The thing to remember is that when you place the stock back in to the NEW WM managed St Loc it will all show in the interim storage bin of 921 Transfer and will need to be located by material and qty in to the individual st bins and this can be a time consuming process, my suggestion it that you create a LSMW of transaction LT01 with movement type 999 with 921 and Transfer being your source st type and st bin and then you can populate the spreadsheet and run the job in background to locate the stock

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harish,

This is the normal process we follow during WM implementation for stock migration. Just make sure you should move all the materials to Dummy sloc before moving any transport request to concern system. Once you transfer material to Dummy sloc, move Transport request to system and move back material from Dummy sloc to IM sloc, this time system will create TO.

br

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a New storage location.

Do stock transfer from existing sloc to dummy sloc using MB1B

Move the transports related WM and make sure that stock is Zero, otherwise cause stock inconsistencies.

Maintain master data like storage bins, material master views extension , interim bins

Transfer stock from dummy location to WM sloc

Compare stock before and after stock transfer.

Rgds,

Krishna.

saolin
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm new in WM . May i ask the dummy stock whether need to assign to WM warehouse number ?

I have same scenarios i'm trying to move material from IM to WM with difference warehouse Number.

When i move storage from IM sloc to IM stoc , I saw the material already move but when I'm checking by Tcode lx02 I found my stock negative. I've tried to create TO and post stock still negative .. could u pls advise me what's wrong and what step do i need to performed ? Thank in advance .