cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameterized Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

for a synchronous interface mapping, can we pass values from request message mapping to fault message mapping using parameterized mapping?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

you wnat to to be loosly coupled from your request message and so there is no reason doing what you are asking for.

As this is a synch. process the orginal message data allready resides in the requires applciation and so there is no need to return it as well.

the error response should be mapped to a Proxy \RFC response message.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

Parameterized mapping is used when you have value in configuration (integration directory) and you want to use them in the design (operation mapping and message mapping), this values cant be fed from design to configuration.

The best way is the

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great Info. But if i understand it correctly...it can be used for mappings that are part of same operation mapping right??

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vicky,

Sorry I did not understand the question correctly, I think you meant to use exporting parameters. If yes, it can only be read via bpm or a monitoring process

Parameterized Mapping Programs - Enterprise Services Repository - SAP Library

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2009/12/07/parametrized-java-mapping-in-pi-7...

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

I meant...the dynamic configuration to read the contents from one mapping and use them in the other is only applicable as long as bith the source and target mapping programs are part of one operation mapping..right?

If that is the case i should be able to read the contents of request message and pass them to fault mapping as they are part of same operation mapping.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vicky,

You can only have one operation mapping unless you are using BPM You can even put a dynamic configuration in your request message and read it in the response message. So yes, you should be able to read it in the fault mapping.

Regards,

Mark

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vicky,

That is not possible, parameters will only be usable on that mapping. You should use dynamic configuration instead.

Here is a sample code that we are using (target system uses SOAP Adapter)

DynamicConfiguration conf = (DynamicConfiguration) container.getTransformationParameters().get(StreamTransformationConstants.DYNAMIC_CONFIGURATION);

DynamicConfigurationKey Source1=DynamicConfigurationKey.create("http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/SOAP","input");

conf.put(Source1,input);

Regards,

Mark