cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Permissions for PI communication channel to pick the file

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Can the PI communication channels pick up files in the file share with chmod 660, does the files need public permissions (chmod 666) for PI channels to pick up? I am currently placing the files in /home/myuser and i see unless i give chmod 666 permissions the file is not getting picked up.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys, the issue of permissions got fixed after PI restart.

Thanks.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

You should to check in the RWB-Component Monitoring - Adapter Engine-Communication channel monitoring if there is any permission error. In this place you can check if your channel is stopped, if there is any permission problem, if you are picking from different path that you expected, etc

Regards.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you give 660 which mean only a user/group will have read/write access and others have no permission.

Is there any issue in giving the necessary access?

You can even give 665

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

so my question again is if the PI user x1adm is included in the group then PI comm channel should be able to pick the file right?

The reason why we dont want to give 665 or 666 or even 664 is that we dont want it to be public readable.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes Kalyan and i believe the user should be SAPService<SID> for Windows, <sid>adm for Unix.

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

One final question but when i manually put the file in /home/myuser directory where myuser is my Pi user ID, which should be part of PI file system, still the file is not getting picked up with 660 permissions.and it is getting picked up only if i change to 666. Dont you think in this case it should have picked up even with 660?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it should i guess..

May when you are using your user to place the files, the directory permission are not being applied on the copied file *-)

Not 100% sure if the directory permissions overrides the file permissions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

PI can process process read only files if you select the option.

Processing --> Process Read-Only Files

Thanks,

Sudhansu

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

What processing mode you are using?

try with test mode

Regards

Gagan