cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Generation MS Word Style

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have run into an issue where the generated contract document in Word does not include the same Normal style as the Word document containing the clause itself.  In other words, when the contract document is generated, the formatting is not as it should be.

I have a single clause in a single section in a single contract document template.  That clause includes the following style:

Font: (Default) Arial, 12 pt, Left, Line spacing:  single, Widow/Orphan control, Style: Quick Style

However, after generating a contract document using that contract document template and then opening it in Word, the style is the following which causes extra space and other strange formatting:

Font: (Default) +Body, Left, Line spacing:  Multiple 1.15 li, Space After:  10 pt, Widow/Orphan control, Style: Quick Style

As can be seen, these styles are very different.  How can I get the generated contract document to keep the style that is used in the clause/section/contract document template?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arlene,

There is a system property to keep the clause formatting in generated Word Document. Set "contragen.keep_clause_doc_formatting" property value as TRUE in Contractgen set.

Regards,

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shyam,

Thanks for that input.  That worked for the body of my clause.  However, my clause includes a header and the formatting is not being retained in the header even with the property you mentioned set to true.  Is there a different property that needs to be set to retain the formatting in the header?

We recently upgraded to version 9 and I know that there were some updates with regard to clauses.  One noticeable difference is that when my cursor is in the body of the generated contract document while in Word, it shows a blue box around the text and includes a tab-type feature that shows the name of the document from which it was generated.  However, this box does not include the header which is also included in the clause.  I'm thinking that the generated contract document doesn't recognize the header as being part of a clause somehow and therefore the newly set system property to keep the formatting isn't being applied to the header.

Any thoughts on this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

After doing some research, I found that I could create a style template that included the header and footer along with the styles (and formatting) to be used in the generated contract document.  I then included this template in the contract document template in the .  I also removed the header and footer from the clause document.

Answers (0)