cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing data with 'No value' assignment in Lumira tooltip key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I hover over a bar in a stacked column chart, the tooltip provides a key of all data points shown in the figure, not just for that individual column. Is there any way to restrict the data in the key so that it only shows data relevant to that particular column?

In this example, I want the tooltip to only show the four figures for which there are values, not the other ones with 'no value' next to them.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Pavithra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you've observed,  this is the default behaviour for stacked barcharts.

The full Legend is shown as a tooltip, for every bar, irrespective of whether a value exists in that combination or not.

I would encourage you to submit and enhancement request to our 'ideas place' https://ideas.sap.com/ct/ct_list.bix?c=6013C007-A70B-4283-93CE-2531683D816D   and RSVP with the link - so that we can promot this idea

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Thank you for your advice, I've submitted it here: Show only data with a value in the legend tooltip - for stacked column charts : View Idea

Pavithra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Just as an update, this problem has been solved in Lumira SP15.

Thank you all for your help.

Pavithra

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you filter out the no values from the "Prepare" screen before it goes into the Visualization?  That way the "no values" should not show...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please let us know the results of this change

Bijan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply, but I'm afraid that doesn't solve the problem.

The data with 'no values' does have a value, it is simply not displayed in the bar I have hovered over.

I've attached another example below. When I move from one bar to another, the resulting tooltip is shown. As you can see what has 'no value' in one bar has a value in another where the figure is represented.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Pavithra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pavithra,

Unfortunately, I don't believe that there is anything that can be done in this situation. You could try using the Trellis functions?

Otherwise it's a suggestion on the IdeaPlace

Bijan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bijan,

Unfortunately that isn't quite what I wanted to do. I've uploaded it on the IdeaPlace here:

Show only data with a value in the legend tooltip - for stacked column charts : View Idea

Thanks anyway.

Kind regards,

Pavithra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pavithra,

Hopefully this will be included in a near-future release! I've promoted it as well~~

Let us know if there's anything else!

Bijan