cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win 2012 - Client can only connect to server when firewall on server is off

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have tried so many different things (from making sure TAO is on,  to checking regedit to clarify the port being used by SQL, to starting theSQL Server agent , names pipes etc etc) but i can only connect the client ( SAP 9 pl5) to the server when the firewall on the server is off!  Both server and client machine are on Win 2012 64bit.

I have added SAP to the exceptions list,and added ports ( 135, 1433-1444, 2099, 2383, 30000-30001, 4022, 48801) but the client will just not connect unless the firewall on the server is off!!!

Any brainy people here can help ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carl

it looks to me you followed correctly the recommendation

Did you try the telnet hostname port (with above list of ports) command to see if the firewall is really leaving the communication open

Hope this can be helpful

regards

a

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you try to disable the firewall and then try to use the Netstat -a command and see whcih all ports are established or use wireshark tool to capture the ip and the port .

Then enable fire wall and see if you can see the difference.

Dont think that disable antivirus will help.

Check that TCP/IP protocol has been enabled in the SQL Server which you provided in Server Tools installer

Thanks

Rihsi Abrol

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carl

Do you Have Macfee by any chance... it might causing issue. you may need to update rule

-giri