Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMSADM@CONTROLLER while connecting system in STMS

former_member208409
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

After our system refresh and upgrade we are trying to connect our production system into STMS. After adding system when i do update configuration im getting error

RFC communications error with system/destination BPP

Message no. XT101

Diagnosis

An RFC error occurred in the TMS communications layer.

Target system: BPP.DOMAIN_BPD(000)

Function: TMS_CI_CHECK_ACCESSTOKEN

RFC message: Name or password is incorrect (repeat logon)

System Response

The function terminates.

Procedure

Correct the error and execute the command again.

From my development system i have checked all TMS RFCs with authorization check, development RFCs are fine. From production system RFC TMSADM@CONTROLLER is giving authorization error. "Name or password is incorrect".

For this i have deleted all STMS configuration, deleted RFCs, Deleted TMS user in both systems and also deleted CTS entries from SECSTORE and re configured STMS. But im getting same RFC error even connections are created automatically. Please let me know how to resolve this error.Referred notes

Notes Referred : 761637, 1532825 , 978078.

BPD@KC\QController@System BPD731
BPPSystem BPP701

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The note (1946314) seem to have been changed to something else and is now mostly empty.  Not sure what is going on there...  I found that our tms system 'broke' after the upgrade of our DEV ECC system to 731.  Of course qas and prd are still at the old version (701).  It looks like the automatically generated passwords that are created when you configure tms are not the same between the old and the new systems.  I went through a lot of trial and error to figure this out.  I created a new transport domain on our qas system to our prd system to make sure the entire system wasn't having some strange problem, but no, that worked, no issues.  So, back to dev.  I ended up having to configure tms normally via the normal tms steps, adding systems etc.  but then I had to go back and change every tmsadm connection.  I had to copy out the name of the rfc, delete the auto generated rfc, manually re-create the rfc (with what I just copied), supply the system name etc.  and then type in the password for tmsadm.  (oh, don't forget to change tmsadm account in su01 - change the password here).  you have to do this on both sides for each system dev-qas, qas-dev etc.  And things are now working.  The problem seems to be the auto generated password.  As an example of a broken system, if you test the connection from your dev to your qas system it will work, but if you test from qas back to dev, it will not work - ever, and it will likely say the password in the rfc is 'initial' - not good.

former_member208409
Participant
0 Kudos

I have tried all steps but no luck...

TMSADM@BPD.DOMAIN_BPD and TMSADM@BPP.DOMAIN_BPD from development are working fine including authorization test.

TMSADM@BPP.DOMAIN_BPD from production working fine includin authorization test. But when i do authorization test TMSADM@CONTROLLER i get

LogonCancel
Error DetailsName or password is incorrect (repeat logon)

My query is as this is automatically generated even after deleting why im getting this error.

As our dev system is recently upgraded SAP release and kernel levels are different. Just wanted to know is this would be an issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the note is in German.  It's a brand new release to fix the STMS issues.  As you've just upgraded the DEV system, I really would recommend that you try that note as it fixed things for us. I also went through all the notes that the other guys recommended before SAP admitted that they had a major issue and released this fix.

Regards,

Graham

former_member208409
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Graham,

Just wanted to know in which language is your system is ?

former_member183107
Contributor
0 Kudos
Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Kindly refer the SAP Notes 1685569 & 1730407

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have been fighting with this for a week only to be told that this a known bug. SAP have released this note yesterday :

SAP Note 1946314

That should fix it in the 7.3 systems (we have 7.4) and then you may need to reset TMSADM in client 000 of the systems in the landscape.

Regards,

Graham

former_member208409
Participant
0 Kudos

This note is german langugae