cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VKM1 different results in background from foreground

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

In our system, VKM1 seems to show different results when run in background.

In foreground, all payment card blocked orders (where VBUK-COMPSK - the payment card block - is not blank) do not appear in foreground, but do appear when it is run in background.

Is this normal SAP behaviour?

Jon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Double-check the selection criteria. Compare the variant that is used in background with the criteria used in foreground. Especially pay attention to the 'Display variant', which may include filters that would be applied in addition to the selection criteria. Andrea is correct - it should behave the same way otherwise, but I bet there is actually some difference in the selection or a Display variant (layout) involved.

Also due to authorization SAP reports may sometimes "quietly" hide some data, but it's not likely the case. Anyway, an authorization trace will identify this easily.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon

do you use the same user for both test?

Can you paste the screenshot of the selection screen (background and foreground execution)

In theory same parameters should return same results for background and foreground executions

Let me know

a

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea

Thanks for the reply. No need to paste the selection screen as it is completely blank - we are running VKM1 for the whole system.

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon

i dont see in my version the field that you are talking about (and thats why i also requested the screen shot)

Anyway sap behaviour is, if you use same user and same selection criteria, you should receive same results. ...Otherwise it's a bug...

Let me know if you need further details

a

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andrea - think I'll log this.

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you for your patience

if you dont mind, let us know when/how you fix that

cheers

a