cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background Job Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi team,

We are facing issue we have scheduled one event based Job  the purpose of the job is remove the file from application server .

we have created one ..bat file for trigger event ,after running the .bat file background job is scheduling but file is not moving from the application server ,background job triigered and completed.

If we try to debug the program when abaper is trying debugging and running from front end file is removing the application server .

If we run manually from application server trigger ,background job running but not removing from application server .

Its a cluster system ,we have created path in shared drive .

Any one please suggest what could be issue .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It is not really clear, is the job that is supposed to delete the file that is not doing what it should or is the event that is not triggering the job ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

Event is trigered and background job also started aand finished ,but file is not picking from the location .

AS ABAPER trying debugging then file is picking up ,Please sugegst how to resolve the issue .

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

It could be an authorization problem, what profile/role is granted to the batch user submitting that job ?

Check that the profile/role for the batch user does (at least) contain auth obj  S_DATASET

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have given the authorization sap_all and sap_new profile to particular user.

Please suggest

Thanks

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I really cannot think about a reason for such a program not performing the same action in batch / dialog as far as it is not interacting with the Gui.

Your a running a custom program, for this, how is the deletion performed ?

Are you using custom ABAP or calling a logical command ?

If using a custom ABAP are you using logical filename (trans FILE)  ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yves,

We are running custom program remove the file from location and put into Archive location.

FIle Transaction as well we are using .

Below is the .bat file I am using :if exist "E:\usr\sap\PRD\interface\zdir_mm\Pur\Create\in\J_T_PURORD.csv" (sapevt.exe ZMM_PO_CRT -t mshost=KBINPRDV1 pf=\\KBINPRDV1\sapmnt\PRD\sys\profile\default.pfl)

KBINPRDV1 is the my virtual host name for cluster same has maintained in rz10 profile .

After running the .bat file below is the attached event log .

Please sugegst how to resolve the issue ,its ms windows clsuter system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any one please suggest on above

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The issue is If Node1 and Node 2 are up event job is searching Node1 and Node2 Background work process .

If Is top Node2 manually ,now its picking the file and moving to archive direcotry .

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Basis,

As mudasir told just restart your application server may resolved this issue

& more clarification pls follow this slide....

Background job monitoring with sap solution manager

Regards

Nayeem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you check the permissions of the file being removed by the Job. Make sure that it is accessible / modifiable from both the app servers. You can try with 775 or 777 permissions.

Regards,

Mudasir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mudasir,

I have given full control to the particular folder ,and background user is having sap_all rights .

How can we try the 775 or 777 permissions .

Please suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mudasir,

Its a windows system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check this link. It talks about the same issue and was resolved after windows server restart.

Link: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3239489

Regards,

Mudasir