Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Generate next Sequence number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team

I am implementing SAP MDM 7.1 SP09 .

I have completed all the data mgration of the existing data in the acceptance System.

There is one necessary to maintain a sequence number from the day the system is live.

Say : Any Create or Change that happens after the system is live I need a number to sequentially increased.

Please suggest.

Regards

Shifali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

As MDM does not give any feature for the Number ranges to be implemented.

You can use a Main Table as a Number range where you can mention the current number in the table and based on the next updates that number can be updated by the User Interface which you will use to create or modify records.

PS: This will work only if you are doing the create and update operation using any interface or intermediate system like SAP XI or SAP WebDynpro or SAP Enterprise Portal.

Assumption: You will have to update the number range in case you do manual upload of the data to the current number in the number range.

hope this helps.

Do let me know if you have any query regarding this.

Best Regards,

Gaurav Kumar Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gaurav

Can you be in brief Please....

When you say abt number range, Do you meant as number range at remote system level?

FYI In my scenerio I have  2 Remote Systems, any new creation or change of material belonging to any of the 2 systems my count should increase .

Regards

Shifali

former_member219762
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope Number range object fits to your requirement. Refer this link How to Create you own Number Range SNRO - ABAP Development - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Sreenivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivasa

I need some logic to implement in SAP MDM, am not using R3 here.

Regards

Shifali

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

Shifali,

Y dont u create a field in Console with type AUTO ID.

Regards,

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Girish

Auto Id counts all records in the Repository, But my requirement is to track the records created or changed only after once the system is Live.

Regards

Shifali

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali ,

In the Console Remote system you will find a column called Key Generation .

Use the From and To range if you want set the values based on Remote systems.

If you want to put in more conditions use the Look field and Qualified Range option .

Regards,

Vag Vignesh Shenoy