cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FQDN in java instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello All,

where do you check FQDN for your java instance? Only OS level or any whele else?

please let me know.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can follow the link

SAP Note 654982.

SAPLOCALHOST --> hostname

SAPLOCALHOSTFULL --> hostname.mydomain.com

icm/host_name_full --> hostname.mydomain.com

The ICM sets the FQHN in accordance with the hierarchy below:

1.      Parameter SAPLOCALHOSTFULL in the SAP profile (recommended for high availability configurations) has top priority. If it is set in the profile file, the ICM takes this as the FQHN value.

Note that the system default value of SAPLOCALHOSTFULL contains the host name without the domain, which is why the ICM ignores the system default.

2.      If the parameter is not set, the value in icm/host_name_full is used.

Set the value iicm/host_name_full = $(SAPLOCALHOST).domain.ext.

This is particularly suitable for situations where multiple application servers are operating with one instance profile.

3.      If this parameter is also not set, the ICM takes the FQHN of the operating system.

Parameter SAPLOCALHOST is not fully qualified and is not used by the ICM for services.

SAP recommend you set either SAPLOCALHOSTFULL (for high availability configurations), or icm/host_name_full.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/67/be9442572e1231e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

There are no additional parameters to be set for the JAVA system. Those are good to go .

You will have to maintain the FQDN in the hosts file of the server .

BR,

Prabhakar

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Check the parameters SAPFQDN SAPLOCALHOSTFULL and SAPGLOBALHOST entries in the SAP profile (DEFAULT.PFL)

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not have os level access. How can I check profiles in java instance ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Run RZ10 Choose instance profile and find parameters or run rz11 nad provide name of parameters.

You can do this using SAP Gui.

BR,

K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tee,

On SAP Java, you need to have OS level access to check the Profile parameters.  I dont think there is any other way to check it.

Regards,

Mudasir.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If this is a pure Java stack then you cannot use Tx RZ10 or any other Tx's.

You can only check it from the OS level.

Ask someone who has access to the OS level to check it for you.

Location of the profiles - /sapmnt/SID/profile

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to have os level access. If you want to fix it for the time being you can just add the entry in host file of your PC.

XX.XX.XX.XX     fullyqualified host name

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tee kay,

Check the below SAP Help link  for details.

Link : Fully Qualified Domain Names (FQDN) (SAP Library - Developing, Configuring, and Adapting Application...

Mudasir.

Former Member
0 Kudos