cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neither messager server nor application server are defined for system NW7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed Netweaver 7.4 using the "Process Integration and Orchestration Package". Then followed up with the post processing including the PO wizard in nwa as described in the help. The installation and the wizard did not report any errors. Everything seems to have worked.

This system is a java only stack.

In the runtime workbench, the Integration engine is flagged as red. When clicked, it shows the above error. Details show a very long stack trace the end of which is:

Message: Neither messager server nor application server are defined for system ---

Stacktrace:

com.sap.aii.rwb.exceptions.OperationFailedException: Neither messager server nor application server are defined for system ---

at com.sap.aii.rwb.core.R3System.getJCOPool(R3System.java:963)

at com.sap.aii.rwb.core.R3System.getJCOPool(R3System.java:775)

at com.sap.aii.rwb.core.R3System.getJCOPool(R3System.java:746)

at com.sap.aii.rwb.core.R3System.getRepository(R3System.java:984)

at com.sap.aii.rwb.core.BusinessSystem.getRepository(BusinessSystem.java:907)

You will notice the last thing it seems to do mentions "R3Sytem". There are no JCO connections defined; there is no abap stack.

I have followed the following notes:

Note 764176 - Manual correction of XI content in SLD

Note 1031321 - Self-Registration of Adapter Engine and RWB fails

Note 1117249 - Incomplete Registration of PI components in SLD

and also:

How to Manually Correct the Registration of XI Components Within the SLD - Process Integration - SCN...

...but the problem remains.

I have encountered a similar problem on a dual stack and the notes above did help. However this is a single stack 7.4 java and they do not seem to apply.

Any suggestions welcome.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This line item is a legacy of the dual-stack.  The Integration Engine component that it used to monitor, doesn't exist in a single stack.  I haven't been able to find any notes about this, but the system *should* have recognized that it's a single-stack installation, and not registered the corresponding entry in the SLD. 

I'm on PI 7.31 single-stack built from a new installation, and seeing the same thing. Looks like an SAP bug.

No consequence to operations, just ignore it.

--Dan King

Enterprise Architect

IBM Global Business Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, a little more searching and I did find an answer.  SAP Note 1814547.

The RWB is technically obsolete in single-stack systems, and we should be using the new PIMON tools in NWA.  However, they do offer a patch if you still rely on RWB (incorporated as of 7.31 SPS 8 or 7.40 SPS 3).

former_member192851
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We have similar issue. Did you fix this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Artem

I installed a sandpit system and did not focus too much on this error. It did not seem to affect any of the functionality that we were using. I have not pursued this.

thanks

Greg

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Gred,

Although the version is 7.1, this thread could be helpful for you Neither messager server nor application server ... | SCN

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iñaki

thanks for the reply. I have checked all though SDN and seen all similar errors. The one your refer to unfortunately does not fix my problem.