cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application acknowledgments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody!

I have a question. How I can make application acknowledgments from Outbound message.

As an example. I have SAP system (XI adapter) and some 3rd party system (FTP). I send a message from SAP and put it to FTP. After some time I take file with results. Can I make acknowledgment for 1st message from this file without using ccBPM? Can I use Java Mapping for that?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitry,

There is an API to work with acknowledgments, but i never used it, i can't help you in this:  Creating Acknowledgment Messages - Enabling Application-to-Application Processes - SAP Library

It seems that you should to create the adapter or try to create a module to FTP adapter.

Regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there!

dont bother generating this type of Ack. from within SAP PI itself.

It can be deducted by its own name - Application acknowledgment, that this type of Ack. is originated
in an applicative system.

As such holds applicative information regarding the business process status that just took place.

for example an outbound order will be Acknowledgedby an order confirmation including an approval\deniayl of the order and its items providing a unique confirmation ID and the original order keys.

This is also the reason why usually such process are Async. by nature , as applicative process may take time and in some cases it can be a true long-running process till an Ack. message is send back from the receiver..

So, in order to implement an application Ack. you will need a response Asynch. message from the receiver system (you already have that in your FTP Ack. dedicated folder.
and it must have with its payload the much needed  correlation IDs (send in the original message).

using ccBPM you will correlate them and monitor the process End2End applicative.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an asynch response message. I just wan't to create any Z in the SAP system. Application acknowledgments  could be the best solution. However, it looks like it is impossible to do it.

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dmitry,

In order to confirm that, you will need to analyses the Ack message and your original message and find the required correlation fields.

A SAP business analysis may assist you in the subject.

Also, an object on the ERP side of type IDoc,BAPI or Proxy (preferably identical in technology to the original outbound message) so you can map your Ack. file to that structure.

Following that you will design your ccBPM processes in PI.

and Voala! you will have a 2 way process with message+correlation.

let us know how are you progressing .

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can send the request MessageID in the response message, it's not a problem. ccBPM is not the best solution for performance. I thought that it's possible to make ack message without using ABAP.

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

I beg to differ.
ccPBM is the exact tools to monitor an End2End proccess and correleate between Appllicative message and its ack.

you can allways divide the solution into 2 diffrenet interfaces with no connection between them in SAP XI level.

correlation between the two will be done in the Applciative system.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/43/d92e428819da2ce10000000a1550b0/content.htm?frame...

http://scn.sap.com/people/mitesh.parekh/blog/2008/12/01/receiving-aleaud-as-acknowledgment-in-ccbpm

Former Member
0 Kudos

My question was to do it without ccBPM. My company has a plan for migration into SAP PO. So, ccBPM is not the solution for this case.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitry,

If you check the point 6 in this note 821267 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 / PI 7.1 / PI 7.3 File Adapter

, the file adapter doesnt have that functionality, then you need a ccBPM (check for ccBPM Michal Krawczyk blog ).

Perhaps the only way is to construct a module adapter or to make a new adapter, but it seems to complicated for me and im not sure how to do it easier than to do a simple ccBPM.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the main problem that I wanna make the ack from other message. I was trying to make it in java mapping, however it was unsuccessful.