cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - my images have been replaced by unknown other images!

stephaniedaum
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Did anybody encounter the problem that the graphics (JPGs in my case) were replaced by ANY other graphics that he doesn't know??

This is the case on the following pages:

--> here the "FAQ" graphic at the top is correct, the other 3 are from somewhere else and I don't know them.

--> here te 1st graphic is broken and nothing is displayed,  the other 2 are from somewhere else and I don't know them.

--> here everything is correct, except for the very last graphic.

I will repair this now... but hopefully there is some automatic solution in case manyothers face the same issue?

Cheers, Steffi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephanie,

when you trying to insert images into you new;y create document, it doesn't show JPG formats in the right way. so you have to convert those JPG formated pictures into png format.

just open your image into mspaint and save as .png format and upload it.

earlier I also faced this problem and in my investigation I found this cause.

hope this could be helpful to you...

S Babu

stephaniedaum
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I already tried with png, but it didn't work...

stephaniedaum
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yep - my avatar and 2 other images have survived 😉

BTW: I noticed that, at the moment, I cannot upload any pictures to my documents or here in the discussion.

The Insert Image button is inactive and there is a little "forbidden" sign or whatever:

http://scn.sap.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/31457-106-227903/IMG_20131203_111006.jpg

Workaround: Upload them as attachment, copy the link, and insert a picture as "From the Web". The same I did here with the screenshot above.

I wonder if that will work (for ever) ?

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It happened with me as well but I thought its a bug and SCN will recover it. I didnt lose my pictures but sometimes I couldn't upload pictures in documents or blogs etc.

BTW after seeing your AVATAR I thought some uknown has put it there

Thank$

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is happening to me too. There are a lot of bugs in SCN after the recent upgrade, I have created a discussion  on this here, http://scn.sap.com/thread/3464235

- Midhun VP

michael3
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi,

the image upload will work again when you clear your browser cache. The javascript that is responsible for uploading images changed but the 'old' one is still cached in your browser.

Cheers,

Michael

stephaniedaum
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sorry, that didn't work.

I deleted my browser cache, twice, everything, closed all windows and opened a page in edit mode and tried again ... the problem persists.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a problem is coming from SCN website.

many user have faced this error.

Don't worry about that.

SCN IT team is doing a hard work for that.

It will solved as soon as possible.

Just give them a sufficient time.

stephaniedaum
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thank you - knowing that the issue is known and that somebody is working on it is a good answer too 🙂

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What about your avatar, is that the right one?

Thomas