cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass creation of Product in EWM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Is there any transaction code or program through which we can create products in mass in EWM after they are replicated to EWM through CIF.

After material master is CIF from ECC to EWM, product has to be created in EWM through /N/SCWM/MAT1 transaction before we are able to use the product further in EWM.

How to create the same in mass.

With Regards,

Maaly

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

first again: Do you really need a warehouse product? EWM does not require this.

The only "mass transaction" to create warehouse products is the slotting. You have to find a simple condition record which you use for all materials.

In another message someone described a Badi. Don't know if this is easier... (programmers are just to lazy to search for the standard way... )

Brgds

Juergen

former_member600986
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,  curious to know why you say we dont need warehouse product in EWM.  How about all the warehouse parameters data (e.g. PACI, SRCI, Serial # profile, just to list a few). 

I think there is no choice but to enhance the CIF to auto create the warehouse product view while ciffing...

thanks,

Faical

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you use the putaway control indicator, or the section indicator, or replenishment for which you have to maintain min and max quantities?

If yes - THEN you need to maintain a warehouse product.

BUT: if you find a storage type without a putaway control indicator (which is possible) or do not distinguish between fast or slow moving items, or do not do replenishment - then you do NOT need the warehouse product (the serial number profile is NOT part of the warehouse product, this is in the product and comes from ERP).

That is the main difference: in ERP you need to create the WM views for any material you want to put away in warehouse number (WM). Always people assume that this is the same in EWM, but it is not.

You do need warehouse products only if you really want / need to control something product specific in a warehouse.

I am not saying that a warehouse product might not be usefull. There are actually certain things which are not very flexible in determination, like the warehouse process type, where the warehouse product is one part of the determination. So there are enough reasons to have warehouse products.

But to say "product has to be created in EWM through /N/SCWM/MAT1 transaction before we are able to use the product further in EWM" is simply now correct technically.

There is also a reason why I would prefer slotting instead of a Badi (but now coming from non-developer side and this is really my own opinion...): When using slotting, meaning I have condition records to create the warehouse product and to fill certain fields in the warehouse product, I can maintain these as master data, means I can also easily create new condition records or change them. This is not as complex as to have to change my Badi implementation. On the other hand only certain fields in the warehouse product are filled by the slotting, there is more freedom if you use a Badi.

Best regards

Juergen

former_member600986
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification Juergen.  I did not realize that slotting can help you create the SCWM/MAT1 view.  But if you don't use slotting though i dont see any other workaround but Badi...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jörg_Michaelis
Active Participant

Hi,

there is a new flag introduced with EWM 9.2 on warehouse number level called "Control CIF Behavior"

With this flag the warehouse product view is generated for all warehouses belonging to the plant.

Alternatively use the BADI provided by the SCM layer. IMG - SCM Basis - Integration - BADis for Specific Applications - Product - BAdI: Inbound Processing for Product

Regards

Jörg

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/SCWM/MIG_PRODUCT - Warehouse Product Migration  Will also help you in Mass Creation of Product Master Data.

Regards,

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sathish,

Can you share the template for uploading/updating the product master in EWM?