cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Significance of "Start Immediately" in Check Instructions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have a doubt regarding "Start Immediately" flag. Kindly help me regarding this.

As per my knowledge, when "Start Immediately" flag is not selected, the system performs a Product Availability Check on the requested product at the requested location and then performs RBATP check for the remaining unconfirmed quantity.

The below is the scenario I have setup:

I have created 2 Materials M1 and M2 in both Locations L1 and L2. As per my RBATP settings, the system should perform Rule Evaluation in the below sequence:

M2-L1

M1-L1

M2-L2

M1-L2

I have maintained a stock of 10 for M1 in L1 and 20 for M2 in L1. I have created a Sales Order of 15 for M1 in L1. With the above setup wherein the flag "Start Immediately" is not selected, the system should check for M1 in L1 and give a confirmation of 10. Then, for the remaining unconfirmed quantity of 5, the system should perform Rule Evaluation by checking for M2 in L1 and give a confirmation of 5.

But, I am unable to get the above result.

The system is performing Rule Evaluation directly without checking the Product Availability first for the Requested Product at the Requested Location. The system is ignoring the stock of 10 available in L1 for M1 and is checking directly for M2 in L1. Since a quantity of 20 is available for M2 in L1, the system is giving me a confirmed quantity of 15 from M2 in L1.

Could you please help me in resolving this issue? Thanks in advance for the help and for your time.

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

Assuming you have selected "start from top of the list" in access strategy of your Rule control, and in your list M2-L1 is at the top.

That is the reason, why system is checking first at M2-L1 and not at M1-L1.

Please try with access strategy "Work forward from Input, cyclic".

Also have you selected First step option for Product Check in your check instruction, that can well be another reason.

Please let me know if i am making wrong assumptions.

Also in this case posting some screenshots of your rule control, check instructions etc will help.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

The Access Strategy remains the same. Since "Start Immediately" flag is not selected, the system should perform the Product Availability Check first and then perform Rule Evaluation according to the above Access Strategy Sequence. But, in this case, it is not working.

Could you please let me know if I am missing something?

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth.