cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCO Port issue OLEDB agent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are trying to connect excel through OLE DB Agent in  PCo 2.3.In PCO am able to start the agent instance successfully without any issue ,but when i checked in the MII Dataserver connection status it showing it in "Error" Status.

Below is the PCO Error log:

PCoQueryRequestHandlerUnable to process request.ManufacturingException: [severity = Fatal] Invalid request type LISA for Port defined as: MII

at SAP.Manufacturing.Connectivity.Protocol.Custom.PCoQueryRequestHandler.ProcessRequest(Object handler)

In PCo Query port am using port no:9003  and the same port i have configured  it in MII data server also and pco default port is set to 50050

In the MII server port no 9003 currently  in unassigned status and firewall  in disabled status for  both the server.

When i try to ping the port no from PCo i am getting message "Could not open the connection to the host on port no 9003 :Connection failed

Could you please help us in the above issue?

Regards,

Shanmugam K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shanmugam,

There is a required relationship between the Query Port defined in PCo and the Data Server Connector defined in MII:

PCo Query Port Type               MII Data Server Connector Type

MII                                             PCoConnector

MII before 12.2                          UDC

It appears that you have defined a UDC Data Server and entered the PCo Port number that is assigned for MII, which is incorrect.

You can define both Port Types in PCo for an agent instance, but each port number must be a unique port number across all defined agent instances.

I would recommend that you use the PCoConnector in MII.  It will ask you for a PCo URL that will return a list of all the ocnfigured PCo Agent Instances.  The format of the URL is:

http://<PCoServerName>:50050/PCoManagement?wsdl

If asked for login credentials, you can use the use account that you log into the the PCo Server with.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply.

In both the place(PCO Query ports and MII Data server configuration) i have used the same port thats :9003 but still am getting the error.

I have tried with http://<PCoServerName>:50050/PCoManagement?wsdl url  but its giving the below error.Could you please help me in this issue?

C000AC10EA1A1389000000040000631F] Error occurred while fetching the PCo agent list; WSDL could not be found for URL http://sap_ancile:50050/PCoManagemnt?wsdl

Note:I am using  management port as 50050 and query port is 9003

Regards,

Shanmugam K

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shanmugam,

First, make sure that SAP Plant Connectivity Management Host service is started on the PCo Server; do this through Control Panel -> Administrative Toos->Services

Please provide a screen shot of the Agent Instance Query Ports tab

What is the exact url that you entered in MII when setting up the PCoConnector? you should have replaced <PCoServerPort> with the fully qualified domain name of the PCo Server, or it's IP Address.

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply..

I could resolve the issue by adding the PCO server details in MII host file.I was using PCO Query to pull the data from excel sheet but i am getting below error when i try to do select query.

Query execution failed due to following:

OleDb Exception for query [SELECT Record$.F1,Record$.F10,Record$.F11,Record$.F12,Record$.F2,Record$.F3,Record$.F4,Record$.F5,Record$.F6,Record$.F7,Record$.F8,Record$.F9 FROM Record$ ] Possible reason: Feature might not be supported by the Data source.

[Microsoft Access Database Engine] : Syntax error in FROM clause.

Regards,

Shanmugam K

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shanmugam,

Make sure that the spreadsheet is not open in Excel or any other program.  Also, make sure that the spreadsheet is in a folder has security permissions set to Everyone -- full control.

Regards, Steve

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To expand on Steve's last comment, Excel (or for that matter MS Access) is a single user application.  Sometimes funny (not haha funny either) things happen when it is interfaced by more than one user.  Stories I could tell...

Regards, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

The folder and spreadsheet has full permission and excel is not open by any other application  but am getting the same error.

Regards,

Shanmugam K

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shanmugam,

here is how I configured the OleDB Agent In PCo:

SQL syntax: "SELECT [Column Name One], [Column Name Two] FROM [Sheet One$]". I.e. excel worksheet name followed by a "$" and wrapped in "[" "]" brackets.

Note that column names and sheet names are enclosed in brackets:  Here is a valid query from MII:

select ['90DAY OPC DATA$'].[5158A2ANH3PPH1H]  from ['90DAY OPC DATA$']

or

select [5158A2ANH3PPH1H]  from ['90DAY OPC DATA$']

Also, here is a link to a good reference for setting Connection Strings for all types of connections:

http://www.connectionstrings.com/

Regards, Steve