cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndication manager has exported the data to a temp location not to a permanent one

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Experts,

We have an issue wherein the flat file that should be generated for BW is not being received. I checked the Ports, the mapping and other configurations and it is okay. I checked the reports in MDM console and I found out that the data is not being transferred to a permanent location. See below for the logs:

1124096320 2013/12/02 16:04:51.223 GMT Syndication manager has exported the data to a temp location.

1124096320 2013/12/02 16:05:28.146 GMT Next syndication time adjusted.

1124096320 2013/12/02 16:05:28.146 GMT Export succeeded.

Is the problem on the syndication manager or in BW? If so, what should be the next steps.

Hoping for your quick reply

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you manually syndicated the record from syndicator,  while doing so just check  you selected the new map as PORT.

Pls make sure correct map and remote system(in your case: BW) is maintained in the PORTS table in Console.

In this way, when you select the New map as PORT in Syndicator, system will automatically send the data to the mentined remote system in the Port attribute in Console.

Regards,

Rohini Joshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rohini,

The correct map and the remote system is already maintained in the Console before and the file is not generating automatically.

May I ask how can I locate the temporary location the flat file is being transferred to?

Regards,

Romeo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Romeo,

May be the file is stucked up in Ready folder. Ready folder can be access at server level.

Can I know which is you remote system ? If it PI then may be the problem is with communication channel. Restart channels once.

Or else which type of connection it is?

Regards,

Rohini Joshi.

former_member196156
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Romeo,

Please let us know what is the status of MDSS, does it is running?

And also check in Importx folder under outbound for the appropriate port and remote system.

however i agree with Rohini to check with the Target system communication channel, but before that we must check what is the status of MDSS ( Master Data Syndication Server).

Regards

Rahul Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul and Rohini,

The remote system is BW. May I ask how can I access the Ready and importx folder in MDM?

We have encountered eror when checkin the status of MDSS using the infocollector. There is

missing INI MDSS profile.

Thanks for the support!

Regards,

Romeo

former_member196156
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Romeo,

"missing INI MDSS profile"

You need to instal MDSS in your server as per to achieve Auto syndication. Please contact your BASIS team as per to install it properly. Meanwhile also check does the MDIS is installed in your server.

later install FTP (filezilla) if your local system and get help of your unix team to get appropriate access to the MDM server path. kindly note please contact Unix team only when your MDM server is launched on Unix platform.

Once you install filezilla then you can see the archive,ready,Exception(importx,valuex,structuralx),logs for every port.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Romeo,

I would strongly suggest you to consult your Basis team and get all the installation information verified.

Whether MDSS is installed. All the parameters are maintained in MDSS.INI file.

Pls check whether all the required parameters are maintained in MDSS. INI file. Repository needs to be mentioned in mdss.ini file.Whether  User ID and Password is correct.

Go through page 264 to 276 of SAP MDM Console ref guide which provides all the necessary info.

Link to the reference guide:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/4b/71608566ae3260e10000000a42189b/MDMConsole71.pdf

Also, one thing pls check if SAP PI is used to integrate MDM and BW. If so then check comm channels(Take help of PI team).

Get back for any issues.

Regards,

Rohini Joshi.

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Romeo ,

What do you mean when you say

"missing INI MDSS profile" ???

Regards,

Vag Vignesh Shenoy

Answers (0)