cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP 3.0 Mobile SDK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed SMP 3.0 Mobile SDK trail version. When I check my desktop, start menu, I am not able to see any launcher for workspace.

Could any body help me out how to start development in SMP 3.0 sdk.

Regards

Srinivas.E

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You basically select the type of development you are focusing on and based on that you need to activate/install that type into your eclipse environment.  Example:

Installing Mobile Application Workbench

Install the SAP Mobile Application Workbench plug-in into the Eclipse IDE.

1. Start Eclipse and select Help > Install New Software.
  2. Click Add, then in the dialog, click Archive.
  3. Navigate to the SDK_HOME\NativeSDK\MAFWorkbench directory, and select the maw-updatesite-assembly.ziparchive.
  4. Click Open, then click OK.
  5. Eclipse loads the repository from the specified directory. In the main Install dialog, select SAP Mobile Application Framework Tools, click Next, and follow the instructions in the installation wizard.
  6. Restart Eclipse for the changes to take effect.

SyBooks Online Here you can see the different scenarios and how to activate each scenario from an SDK perspective. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I have downloaded basic indigo eclipse and configured native sdk from SMP 3.0 mobile SDK. I need to setup Agentry framework also.

Could you please give me steps to setup agentry components for SMP 3.0. I didn't find any AGENTRY server components in SMP 3.0 Mobile server to install.

Do we need to install Agentry server separately or will it be installed along with SMP server 3.0? please let me know.

Thanks & Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no Stand-alone Agentry Server in SMP 3.0.  When you install SMP 3.0 the Agentry is already a part of it.

The Agentry Editor Plugin is in the SDK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, I like to point out the Agentry Editor for SMP 3.0 needs Eclipse's Juno

Stephen Streeter

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

There is no separate agentry server component to install. You will find Agentry Toolkit folder under SMP Mobile SDK (after installation), check infocenter document for more details.

Rgrds,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured SMP 3.0 successfully. Thanks for your help. I have small issue.

When I open SAP Management cockpit asking for credentials. Could you please give me default credentials. Because I remember when I install server it didn't ask me for any credentials like SUP server.

For SCC we have default credentials like

Username: supAdmin

pwd: supAdmin

in case of SAP Management cockpit, I have used same credentials But it is throwing error.

Thanks & Regards

Srini

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

it should be

smpAdmin and s3pAdmin

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Request you to raise a new thread for your further query. Since this thread has already been answered.

To respond to your query:

I installed SMP 3.0 in eclipse

What exactly you have installed? Mobile SDK? You got SMP 3.0 Runtime installation?  Please highlight what all you have done

Rgrds,

Jitendra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

one more thing,

following are the links for accessing managment console..

by default,

for SUP 2.x,  : https://serverip:8283/scc/

for SMP 3.0 : https://serverip:8083/Admin/

as you can see here, for sup scc we have port 8283 but for smp it has been changed to 8083.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Please check this infocenter document.

Regards,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I can see all the folders mentioned in the infocenter document. But I didn't find mobile workspace. could you please explain me how could I find this workspace IDE(Eclipse).

Regards

Srinivas

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

As i heard, there wont be any kind of workspace like we have for sup 2.x (x=0 to 3) (for creating mbos, hwc app development)

There is nothing like MBO in this SMP3. This new release SMP3 mobile sdk comes with plugins. e.g. you can check this tutorial how we have to develop oDATA based app for android.

Rgrds,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you have told is correct only. we don't have MBO concept in SMP 3.0 but they have given MBO runtime installer. If they don't have any MBO's then why MBO run time installer will be used for.

Regards

Srinivas

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

we don't have MBO concept in SMP 3.0 but they have given MBO runtime installer. If they don't have any MBO's then why MBO run time installer will be used for.

Hi Sri,

well, you must also have heard that there is support-ability available at SMP3 for already build/existing SUP 2.x MBO based project

you can check this migration document.

Rgrds,

Jitendra