cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Actions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone please explain me with an example how to generate PDF output using actions in BLT. For getting the output in PDF format what action i need to use.I tried using Image Saver and WriteFile Actions. But No luck.

Please help me out.

Thanks in advance

Muzammil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muzammil,

SAP xMII supports the generation of PDF documents for both the documentation of xMII Business Logic Services transactions and user-defined output reports. Instructions for adding and using the PDF action blocks are contained in the xMII Help Documentation. Just do a search on "PDF" in the Help and you should find all you need to get started.

Kind Regards,

Diana Hoppe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

Thanks for your instant reply.

I have gone through the help and tried doing it.

In the Property <b>Output</b> of PDF Document Action , the data type given in Help is as XML. But while checking in BLT for the same action, the datatype is displayed as <b>text</b>.

Is that the reason why i am not getting the output?

And to what action i need to link the output property of PDF Document Action?

Thanks in advance

Muzammil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muzammil,

To create PDF document use the PDF document block first. And after that there are other actions under PDF block to add image, table , page and text to the created PDF file. No need to use the output of the PDF action block. Just Create 2 action blocks. Create a document first only enter the information in configuration after thar add a PDF page by using PDF page action block. Then add a PDF text block. In both the action blocks select the the above created PDF block in the config.

I hope this will help you

Thanks,

Rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Muzammil,

Link the output from the PDF Document block to the Encodedimage link of an Image Saver action block.

Make sure you provide a path to save your pdf.

I hope this helps,

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe and Rajesh,

i tried the ways which you told. The PDF is getting saved when i am using image saver action. But the file size is showing as 0KB. When i am trying to open that, its showing error as below

<b>Adobe Reader could not open Test.PDF because it is either not a supported file type or becasue the file has been corrupted(For example, it was send as an email attachment and was'nt correctly decoded)</b>

Please help me

Thanks in Advance

Muzammil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muzammi,

I'm getting the same problem when I save the pdf doc using a image saver.

The file size is 0 bytes.

Please help me out with this

Thanks,

Ajitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did some testing and re-created your issues. I found that if I put the Image Saver action block "inline with the PDF_document block it would not work.

Try this:

Create your test transaction with the PDF document action block - add two sequences (this should create two legs). In the first leg, add a PDF Text block and reference the PDF document action block. In the other leg add an Image Saver action block and configure the EncodedImage and Path.

This should create a simple PDF with the text you configured in the PDF Text block.

Let me know if this works.

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

That works....

Thank you for your inputs....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

It works. Thanks a lot

Regards