cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RDBMS Label for Ora 920_64 not accepted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need your help please. I am in the process of installing an ERP 2004 SR1 system on AIX 5.3. The CI is installed and I am attempting to complete the DB input screens for SAPINST. The screen for the "Software Package Check" is open now and would like the labels for the 4 Oracle 9.2.0 cds. However, when I enter the filepatch, I receve the following:

INPUT ERROR: You entered " ORACLE:9.2:RDBMS(1/4):Oracle RDBMS AIX5 CD:CD51018585_1 " but need the LABEL.ASC file called: " ORACLE:9.2.0:RDBMS(1.."

I have downloaded the 4 files from SAP (1 EXE, 3 RARs) , 'UNRARed" the files into one folder and copied over the folder to the server - a generic CD folder.

The stage directory is created -/oracle/stage/920_64.

What am I missing here please? Is there an intermediate step for further unpacking the Oracle 9.2 software before SAPINST can read it - like running UNCAR against OR192064.SAR? I'm not sure what to do here to get past this step.

Thanks to everyone for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

edit contents from LABEL.ASC and

change: ORACLE:9.2.0:RDBMS(1..

to ORACLE:9.2:RDBMS(1..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric,

Thank you for the response, but I'm not sure what you're saying here. If I change the 4 LABEL.ASC files for each of the Oralce CDs to the 'generic' label, will SAPISNT still be able to see all 4 CDs? Have you tested this on your side before?

Thanks!!

Tim

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have never tested wit hthese CD this but you don't have much to lose

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas, Eric,

Well, SAP finally came back and said OK to the label change. As suggested, I adjusted the LABEL.ASC file on the server to read as SAPINST was expecting. Since I'd already unpacked the Oracle CDs manually, it was just looking to unpack the BRTOOLS to make sure I guess.

Issue solved. THanks to you guys for your help and asisstance.

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Tim, thx for the info! good to know in case i stumble into the same situation

good luck with your installation!

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Well, unpacking these CDs manually got me past the database installation part of the installation. I've just started the DB instance installation again, and it's asking for that darned label again.

Have a message open with SAP (for 2 days now), but wanted to see if you saw this also in your installation, and how did you cope.

The easy way is to edit the LABEL.ASC file, but I'm not sure how safe this is.

Thanks,

Tim

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well....editing the LABEL.ASC is not that dangerous...it's just a text file after all and only (!!) has one purpose: to recognise the cd/dvd...so, give it a try - i myself did that once in a while but only if it's not a productive system ggg

what i don't undestand is the content of the LABEL.ASC sapinst expects...are you sure u r using the appropriate XML files (such as control.xml, product.xml)?

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas,

Many thanks for your support. Yes, that would be the quick way to settle this, but I'm curious about what CD/DVD actually has this "ORACLE:9.2.0:RDBMS(1::)" label assigned to it - does not seem as if it's specific to any platform...

I am using the updated AIX files as per note 929929, so I'm wondering if there is not a 'new' feature involved here.

Since I skipped the SAPINST unpacking of the ORacle cds and did them manually, I'm quite curious now as to why SAPINST cares about their contents, especially since Oracle 92 is installed (and running).

I'll let you know how this all turns out.

Cheers,

Tim

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

usually sapinst doesn't care at all as long as oracle is installed (properly)..connect (via sqlplus and connect / as sysdba) and starting the listener as user ora<sid> must be possible...that's merely it

GreetZ, AH

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

usuallly not...just checked the recently made ora10/aix/webas640 installation...and the files lie within two sub folders...these sub folder names are provided when asked...the format is the same as yours (eg. OR110264.SAR etc.)

-> are you using the latest sapinst?

-> is it possible to uncheck the extraction of the oracle software? then you could uncar the sar files by yourself...

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas,

Thanks. SAPINST is the latest and greatest (note 929929). I have tested leaving the box unchecked, and I can get thru the rest of the screens without issue (did not run, but checked).

I'd be happy to UNCAR the files manually, but am not sure where to send all of these files. If you have any thoughts on this, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,

Tim

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi, just checked...

-> Disk1

-> Disk2

-> Disk3

-> Disk4

all are subdircetories from <b>/oracle/stage/920_64</b>...the runInstaller will be started in Disk1...give it a try...

GreetZ, AH