cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Monitor Sybase IQ Performance Summary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now, I have a sybase IQ 12.7 database running on IBM AIX 5.3, I want to know how to monitor Sybase IQ performance summary.

For example, how many SQL statement  running in 24 hours?  How much time elapsed for every SQL statement ,etc.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis

I think that the simplest way to answer your questions is to enable request logging. You can enable it by using of asiqsrv12 command switches (-zo, -zr, -zs) or by using of following procedure calls:

call sa_server_option('Request_level_log_file', 'your_log_file');

call sa_server_option('Request_level_logging', 'SQL+hostvars'); -- you can use also "ALL"

call sa_server_option('Request_level_log_size', size_in_bytes);

You can enable request logging in Sybase Central as well. When your log files fill with the data, you can parse the content of request log files using sa_get_request_times and sa_get_request_profile procedures. These procedures fill global temporary tables satmp_request_time and satmp_request_profile respectively. The global temporary tables contain text of sql statements, statement start time, duration and some additional attributes. You can query the global temporary tables directly, or even better, insert its content to a permanent table for further analysis.

To my surprise, I can't find IQ 12.7 documentation online, so I can't provide you any links. While IQ 15 added more functinality to request logging, the concept stays the same, so you can review IQ 15 documentation for more details.

Hope it helps

Leonid Gvirtz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leonid

Thanks for your suggestion!  I will try it .

Other I find the IQ 12.7 documentation online SyBooks Online (Archive).

Thank you !

Dennis Rodman

Answers (0)