cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About the json input

former_member346648
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I found that in the vb demo, almost all info in the map are loaded from a json file.

My question is, is this the only way to load the map?

if so, is there any template or tools or document to help us to create such a json file?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186731
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rita,

all business content (icons,texts,context menu, and so on) is loaded via JSON. The map itself (including maybe some description texts) is loaded from the external GIS product.

You don't need to create the JSON file on your own when using the standard Geo-Map adapter.

How do you integrate VB into your application? WD, FPM, UI5?

Hope this helps.

Marcus

ralf_rath
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rita,

VB has various interfaces, here is an overview:

In general the application defines the symbols and their attributes like color, position, and all the interactions. Visual Business displays the symbols on a map and the user can work with it. The map is loaded from external map provider - in the image named as External Systems. This is done automatically.

In the ABAP the application fills a table structure and adds in each row the symbols.

I'm going to upload the TechED presentation there you can see an example.

The Geomap Adapter converts this table into a json format and sends this to the client.

Here we have a json format to use VB also for SAPUI5 development. Here in the json the data, the symbols and the interactions are defined.

If the user interacts the client raises an event which can be handled directly in Jasascript or indirectly as an ABAP event.

We are going to publish in the next weeks more details. If you need more information please drop me a line.

former_member346648
Discoverer
0 Kudos

UI5

former_member346648
Discoverer
0 Kudos

thank you for your reply.

And we use UI5 as our front-end framework.

Do you have the document or something else about the full version of the json format including the description?

And about interaction, do you have a simple sample?

such as: when a user click one marker, the popup window about this marker could be shown.

ralf_rath
Explorer
0 Kudos

we have some SAP internal samples available I have sent you the link.

For all other readers:

After the Ui5 Extension Add On installation you find the samples under

sap.ui.vbm in the UI5 TestSuite

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

You mentioned that "The Geomap Adapter converts this table into a json format and sends this to the client."

Could you share some examples? Thanks a lot in advance.