cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roadmap structure Vs Project Structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I need a clarification from you, on difference between roadmap structure & project structure.

In RMMAIN/ RMAUTH i am creating roadmap strcture, mentioning ASAP methodology phases (Project preparation, Blueprinting, Realization.Final prep &Golive).

In each phases of a roadmap, i am assigning project team member & status.

The same (team members & Status)i am maintaing for projects also (In SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN).

In SOLAR01, I am assigning team member to specific nodes also.

What is the difference between maintaing all those details in RMMAIN & SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN, SOALR01?

Please clarify

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

The answers provided by other two members should have already solved your query.

My 2 cents here:

(1) RMMAIN (Roadmap) is to be used by you only if your project is committed to that methodology or the newly authored methodology - this is not a mandatory transaction and in most projects that I have worked on, people don't really care about this apart from just downloading standard Accelerators that SAP has provided as part of the content it delivers.

This transaction, the documents and team members you assign here are helpful for 'running' and 'monitoring' the project itself and has nothing to do with the business solution itself that's delivered.

(2) Blueprint transaction (SOLAR01), Admin Tab is the place where, you make people assignments reflecting ownership of the solution - in other words, if you assign Mr.ABC against a Business Scenario called Procure to Pay, it means that person is responsible for designing that solution and also, in all likelihood, responsible for storing documents against that node. You can 'cascade' that same person's name to all nodes below the Scenario (to all layers below) in one step too.

(3) Configuration transaction (SOLAR02) Admin Tab is where you make fresh assignment(s) of people responsible for Build/Test activity against the respective node, on the structure

In my view, please consult your Project Manager if he/she intends following Roadmap diligently and use that as the primary place of Project Management definition and tracking. Chances are that, the answer will be a resounding No ! If so, I would recommend not spending too much time on it and straightaway focus on SOLAR01.

In most projects, PMs find it easy to deal with myriad versions of MS Project Plans and Excel sheets and not keen to log on to SolMan to edit or update status values.

The MS Project download functionality provided by SolMan is just a one way tool (you can't upload values back from MS Project to SolMan) and therefore of very ornamental value alone !

Warm regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The assignment of people and status values has different purposes:

Roadmap (RMMAIN) - assigning the people to each task in the plan (roadmap)

Project administration (SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN) - assigning the people witch shall contribute in the project. When distributing tasks you can select between people added here.

Business Blueprint (SOLAR01) - assigning people to the elements in the Business Process Model for the Business Blueprint Phase

Config (SOLAR02) - assigning people to the elements in the Business Process Model for the Configuration Phase

Br.

Are H Vestrum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Could anybody reply on this query..please

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Were you able to find reply for your query?

If so, can you pls share with us?

I think the project team member assignment in Roadmap is for accessing those roadmap documents.

And project team member assignment for Blueprint is for accessing those blueprint documents.

Am i right?

best regds,

Alagammai.