Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD - Maintain Copying control for Billing documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

What I want to do:

Case 1: final invoice created from a sales order

Case 2 : final invoice created from a pro-forma invoice.

Customising:

1. Sales and Distribution > Billing Document > Define billing type > new billing type ZZF2 (pro-forma invoice) in copy of the one already existing ==> step OK

2. Sales and Distribution > Billing Document > Define billing type > Maintain copying control for billing document > Sales document to Billing document > target:  ZZF2 (pro-forma invoice) / source: ZDIV (sales order type) ==> step OK

3. Sales and Distribution > Billing Document > Define billing type > Maintain copying control for billing document > Billing document to Billing Document > target: ZF2 (invoice) / source: ZZF2 (pro-forma invoice) ==> step OK

Encountered issue:

The pro-forma invoice is correctly generated via t-code VF01. Then the pro-forma invoice number is used to generate the final invoice.

Steps :

1. VF01 with the pro-forma invoice number

2. ZF2 invoice type selection

3. An eror message appear: No billing documents were generated. See log (vf032)

Can you please me what is wrong in the customising?

Thanks in advance for your valuable feedback.

Christelle

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i accept that we can create as many commercial as we want

but with help of  ABAPer we can modify routine and can be done.....

same it was been done for delivery to proforma and all as per this treat How to resrict taking n No. of Proforma Invoices | SCN

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I have tested we can create COMMERCIAL INVOICE on basis of Proforma Invoice,

Settings

Copy control for order to billing (proforma)-VTAF

Copy Control for billing to billing-      VTFF

Change item category billing relevance- D ( on basis of proforma invoice)

test in dev. and confirm with client and proceed further.

Regards

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
we can create COMMERCIAL INVOICE on basis of Proforma Invoice

In that case, logically, this is wrong.  You should be aware, you can create en number of proformas against a sale order or delivery and this being the case, you can also create en number of commercial invoice. 

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks all for your feedback.

Another solution could be: having the possibility to preview the invoice layout without generating any billing document number...

Any ideas?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In billing creation mode, system wont fetch the output type and hence, you cannot preview.  Only in change mode or display mode, it will fetch.

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I am correct, system will allow to create a commercial invoice either against a delivery or a sale order and not against a proforma.  Try to key in the sale order reference in VF01 and update here the outcome.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank's sir,

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

3. An eror message appear: No billing documents were generated. See log (vf032)

When you get this error then go to menu and click Edit > Log (Shift+F1) and you will see the exact issue. System will tell you which item or copy control is not defined or is not working properly.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

please check your item category

Go to-VOV7- select item category-Business Data-Billing Relevance

If you billing relevance is delivery related then it will not allow you to create with respect to pro forma invoice,plz change to D Relevant for pro forma as may be now it will be A delivery-related billing document.

But plz check with client if they really need this process as billing usually has to be created after delivery document.

if any thing more plz let us know.

Regards