Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO 4.0 SP5 - Universe - DateTime of Calendar Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We use BO 4.0 SP5.

We want to put filter according to Date ( TARIH ) object at Calendar ( TAKVIM ) table.It is taking Date( TARIH ) object's date type as a custom DateTime.

When we want to get results by using Query panel, we see hours info near the Date objects at the filter bar.First of all, we don't want to see that hour info.Also, we have not got any result like below, that is another problem.

We want to make a query as a date.So we changed the datetime format to date format in the universe.But we get an error message “returns incorrect data type" and it is also showing Date object ( TARIH ) by underlying with red colour.We did not care of that warning message and we published that universe.

When we works on that universe on Webi Rich Client by choosing "Running With Java", everything is OK for us and it only works as Date that we all wanted.

But, if it is opened on Webi Rich Client by choosing "Running With Web", it brings Hour info near Date and it gives us an Error message like below.

What are your suggestions?Is this a bug?

Best Regards,

Message was edited by: Cihangir Ozcelik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

What is the reason of that it works with Webi Rich Client by choosing "Running With Java", everything is OK but it does not work with Webi Rich Client by choosing "Running With Web", it brings Hour info near Date and it gives us an Error message.

Is this a bug of BOE 4.0 SP5?

Do you have an idea?May you help me?

Best Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Webi Rich client it runs with your PC format. When it runs with web it runs with the server format. My guess, something needs to change on the server to work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We noticed some facts.If users created a report on HTML by using English locale( US ) format and if they select date from calendar, users do not encounter a problem.

But if BO's prefered viewing locale is different from English-US format ( For Example Turkish vs.), then they face some problems when they selected date from calendar.

Can you tell me this is a bug?

Please share me SAP Notes.

I could not find SAP Notes which this is a bug.If this is a bug, I request from SAP experts to patch this bug.

Best Regards,