cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't view ABAP Proxy consumer for async interface in SOAMANAGER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I'm using PI 7.0 and i have an async interface for when i must create a consumer proxy. I do it succesfully using SPROXY, but I can't view this newly created proxy in SOAMANAGER. But if i do it for sync interface, everithing work fine: I can view this proxy and create logicat port for it.

Can somebody explain me, what a difference for sync and async interfaces in this case?

Many thanks!

Mick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Mick!

Check the release status of the interface:

Integration Builder: Service Interface -> Properties -> Release State -> must be "Released"

Change the status of operations to "Released" too.

You need to regenerate proxy in SPROXY after that and check that the state is "Released" on the Properties tab).

Hope this would help you.

Regards,
Alex

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yasinsky,

There isn't any special configuration, like you can check here (Point 4.2)

Are you sure that you have imported correctly the WSDL?, have you saved and activated the proxy?.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what WSDL? I'm creating a consumer for async outbound interface, I needn't WSDL in this case.

Yes, I save and activate proxy, but I can't see it in SOAMANAGER even after doing WS-RM configuration steps as described in your document.

Regards,

Mick

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then you are creating a provider proxy and you expose it like a webservice, isnt it?,

Have you search it by service in the SOAMANAGER?, have you implemented the create method?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I create a consumer proxy, not provider. When I create consumer proxy for async PI-interface, I can't see it in SOAMANAGER. If sync, I can see it and create logical port.

Regards,

Mick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

well, isn't that the answer? What sense of showing an async consumer proxy in SOAMANAGER? It is supposed to display available services on the system, so server proxies. If you call a service on another system that consumer proxy is not needed in SOAMANAGER. What would you do there, anyway? You can't create endpoints, and all security settings depend on the called service. So I think it is completely normal that you can't see your proxy there.

Regards,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jörg,

there is always a reason.

For example, external client connected to ERP via SOAP wants some special services that ERP cannot provide. You can develop the interface in PI, create consumer proxy and provide a WSDL to this client.

I think that system must provide all possibilities to developer except strictly forbidden or near "impossible" cases.

But whatever the reason - it's possible to see async consumer proxies in SOAMANAGER (at least in NW PI 7.4). One of the possible problems - release state of interface.

With best regards,

Alexey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alexey,

first, you are right, you should be able to see consumer proxies in SOAMANAGER, I checked that today and I can see them on my system. But especially in the case you mention - in connection with PI - I believe this is not needed. You don't need logical ports and connection to WSDL then, since the proxy framework does it all for you. Nevertheless, if you connect your ERP directly to some external webservice, this is required.

Back to the problem, I can also confirm that I see async services in SOAMANAGER, so this should be generally the case. I can't say why Mick doesn't see them. But one thing is true: It needs a WSDL, either from PI or elsewhere. So, is this a PI webservice or an external one?

Regards,

Jörg

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mick,

you can only view the sync interfaces in SOAMANAGER. the proxy available in SOAMANAGER is like services which has request and response and it is only possible in sync interface.

Please find the below link for more detail.

SOA Manager - SAP Documentation

Regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thaks for responce!

Only sunc interfaces? But then I have another question: how can I create logical port fro async proxy, if t-code lpconfig is obsolete? Only lpconfig or there are another ways?

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can create the create the logical port for Async proxy.

Login to ECC and go the SOAMANAGER, under service Administration tab click on webservice configuration. In search criteria select consumer proxy and search your proxy (provide name pattern).

You will able to create the logical port with above steps.

Regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

only sync interface based consumer proxy can be viewed as you describe. And what about async?

Regards,

Mick