cancel
Showing results for
Search instead for
Did you mean:

''S'' account Disabled in SCN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SCN,

I’m writing this blog/poll to share with you what happened to me on my first blog. Also I’m complaining about the way that handling this matter.

First of all I got an account which is ‘’S’’ account that I had it through the Company I work for it. As everybody else, I found SCN a perfect place to learn, Know-how and a mine of knowledge. Made a lot of friends and met many professional.

I started my first Blog (ETL-Basic idea) on Nov 27, 2013 oriented to all beginner and else as I believe on knowledge for all and without limitation. (It’s kind of pay back to those who taught me every day). I received two Emails one from ‘’scnadmin’’ and the other one from XXX after I published my blog, saying that ‘’ I continued to re-post my blog after the moderator requested to remove it due to Copy/Past ‘’

All I did was I attached a reference to my blog to benefit the people that read it, then I deleted this reference. I might be missed the ‘’Notification’’ but what I don’t understand that why this moderator did not contact me personally and explain his point of view, moreover how come this issue is a copy/Past and I agreed to ‘’Rules of Engagement ‘’.( even the Figure I attached I draw it by myself)

I contacted XXX with my issue and also the all moderators of that space but until this moment my SCN account still disabled and no replay from them even.

Finally I believe we’ll professional here and we act like professional if I was wrong or even I misunderstand something please inform me and explain to me with a reasonable way. I don’t want to point finger for anybody we’ll human and we’ll made mistake.

Appreciate your reconsideration.

Sincerely,

Mazin Salih

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I believe this matter is being handled offline.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jason Lax ,

This matter is not handled yet offline/online. Still wanna someone explain to me

9-Don't copy / paste other’s content. Be original

in my original material.

my best regards to you

Mazin

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

On the you'll find a section called More about Copyright.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jason Lax,

I know what you are saying. but he/she should tell me I broke the rule (let us assuming so) under mentioned ''SCENARIO'' and then I'll explain my point of view. I started to believe according to what I wrote previously (my opinion about the Survey) my account has been disabled.

My best regards to you

Mazin

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I don't know the specifics but the best approach is to discuss this offline and you can contact sapnetwork@sap.com

I've assisted as much as I will on this matter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jason Lax,

I already did and forwarded me to another email service@sap.com and still my Account disabled. so I wrote this.

Appreciate your efforts.

Mazin

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've checked what you posted, and I can see that there was no copy and paste / plagiarism of other people's work. The issue with your post (and the reason I rejected it) was that the subject matter was not original. It is a basic concept that is well documented in many places. In my view, we did not need another document on the same topic.

So, that's why your content was rejected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Matthew Billingham,

Thanks again for your reply.

you said: ''

Matthew Billingham wrote:

and I can see that there was no copy and paste / plagiarism of other people's work.

Let us stay at this point first. My ''S'' account disabled due this Category and all emails I got based on it. Obviously I should get my account active again.

About the Basic concept as you wrote in your reply ( I rejected ) that what should normally suppose to happened, ''Rejection '' not disabling my account.

No personal/hard feeling against you Matthew, matter fact I'm glad to meet people like you.

Appreciate it and hopefully I get my account ASAP.

Mazin

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your content was rejected and you reposted, then the suspension would have been for disregarding moderator instruction.

Whether it was rejected for unoriginality or rejected for plagiarism is then rather moot. The problem was the resubmission.

However, I'm only surmise here. I don't actually know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Matthew Billingham,

so now you change the subject to " why I re-posted again". Maybe you should read carefully  what I wrote again.

regards

Mazin

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm afraid I don't understand your meaning. Obviously you want your account reinstating, but you also seem to want some explanations about what happened.

but what I don’t understand that why this moderator did not contact me personally and explain his point of view, moreover how come this issue is a copy/Past and I agreed to ‘’Rules of Engagement ‘’.

Well, I can help with this one. Moderators moderate many posts per day. Moderators will not send a direct message or an email when they reject a posting. We are all unpaid volunteers working on our own time - it would take too long to engage everyone who gets rejected. The rejection notice is supposed to explain why the content was rejected. If you disagree with that assessment, or no assessment is given, then you should post here to discuss it. Mistakes can be made, and I think we all want to be as transparent as possible.

In this instance, the issue appears not be copy paste, but rather the originality of the subject.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Matthew Billingham,

For sure I want my account back and also I want to say it was a wrong decision/judgment from you.

I do appreciate your effort in this unpaid community work. But assume that  you didn't get the notification for any technical reason and your account has been disabled for wrong judgment and all you got an email saying you disagree/broke the Rule.

what is the step you ''gonna'' do ?

I believe we're spent more words/time on this discussion so would you please (if you are the person in charge ) explain/activate to them my demand.

Regards

Mazin

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are two issues here.

1) The decision to reject your document

2) The decision to suspend your account.

1) - well, it was my call, I made it, and I see no reason to reverse it. I believe I posted text with the rejection notice explaining that the content was not an original subject, and was rather basic, and as such did not add value to the site.

I did not attempt to engage you about my rejection, as do not think it is necessary to email everyone who has content rejected. However, I'm happy to discuss any moderation decisions I make in this space. If I reject any more of your content, you will receive only the notification - no email or further explanation - unless you ask for such here.

Somehow this explanation transmogriphied into a copy paste issue. I don't know how that happened.

2) I've had no involvement in the decision to suspend your account.

I am just an unpaid, volunteer moderator, like many on this site. I'm not part of the administration team. I cannot make anyone deal with any "demand".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Matthew Billingham,

Now you are talking my language!!

Matthew Billingham wrote:

There are two issues here.

1) The decision to reject your document

2) The decision to suspend your account.

The first issue I'm completely disagree with you. For the second issue ( I know you are not involved on it personally but your wrong judgment is the main reason for it ) people who responsible of it could you please send me their contacts?

don't they read this discussion ?

my regards

Mazin

audreystevenson
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Matthew: thank you for your clarifications in this thread.

It's time to take this offline. SCN Team will look into it; please have patience..

--Audrey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Audrey Stevenson,

I really appreciate your understanding and support regarding to my discussion.

My Regards

Mazin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Matthew Billingham,

I want to express my deep appreciation for the answers and explanations you have offered me on my recent discussion . I feel very grateful to you for taking time out of your busy schedule to answer/explain to me many questions. Without your help, I doubt I would have been able to complete this

I consider myself very fortunate for having a chance to knowing/talking to you

again no hard feelings against you

My Regards

Mazin

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Of course you disagree. However, it's my call, so that decision stands. The content will not be restored.

2) I think you have to be patient. I've already nudged my contacts.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Audrey - I'll leave it now.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To clarify to others in this thread I have been engaged in correspondance.

This was the message sent to Mazin by me last week: