Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales v/s Cost of Sales in two different years

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, 

I have an issue. The sales was recognized in year 2012 i.e. on 28th December 2012.

and the invoicing was done on 31.12.2012 but the cost of sales was shown in year 2013.

Why , and what could be the reason.

What are the document I should check to underrstand why it happend. Any idea.

Thanks,

VS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sales was recognized in year 2012 i.e. on 28th December 2012

invoicing was done on 31.12.2012

I am really confused with your above statement.  Normally, we say sales is recognized if billing document is generated and full  payment is received.  This being the case, when your invoice was generated only on 31st Dec'12, how could it be possible to recognize the sales prior to this.

G. Lakshmipathi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Your statements are not enough to understand the issue and requirement. Please explain with some more details how you process delivery? what is actual goods issue date? How you process invoice? what is Billing date? Where you are seeing the sales and cost? It would be nice if you explain so that we may understand the scenario and issue.

Thank$

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How does the billing happen in your process....order related or delivery related? What is the goods issue date for the delivery related to this invoice?

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Share screen shot of Invoice and where the sales of costs was showing in 2013 ( both screen shots).

Thanks,

Naren