Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable Disable SC Item level TABS

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Forum,

How to enable disable all fields under a tab at SC item. For some condition we require to disable the entire tab.

Suppose there are 2 items in SC, in item overview first item is selected , some condition is checked and all tabs at item level should be disabled, again if user select second item some condition is checked and based on it all item level tabs in Item Detail area should be enabled.

I tried to achieve this in following SPRO path

Cross-Application Basic Settings-->Extensions and Field Control (Personalization)-->Configure Field Control-->Configure Control for Fields of Substructures-->Metadata for Fields of Substructures and Table-Like Enhancements

add entry as shown in attachment...

But this works only for Account Assignment tab(Set Type 31), it does not works for item data tab(set type 06) and others.

How to achieve this?

Thanks,

Anubhav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anubhav

I think you can achieve it implementing BAdI WD_BADI_DOMODIFYVIEW

Use method CHANGE_STD_FIELDS, get the view and set attributes.

Kind regards,

Martin

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thanks, I tried that but it works same as post exit of WDDOMODIFYVIEW metho. The issue is once the item tab fields are deactivated these are not set to active even if the condition to deactivate is not met. I can not set the fields to active by checking for some conditions as there can be multiple conditions for item fields to be active where as only one for fields to be disabled.

Issue is why the set type meta data concept fails tabs other than Account Assignment?

Thanks,

Anubhav