cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI Script Development tool on Windows 7 and SAP GUI 7.30

0 Kudos

Hi members,

I have the following question pertaining to the standard SAP GUI Script development tool. I hope someone has hit this already and can provide an answer.

Is there a way to enable the SAP Script Development tool (the Merlin character which allows you to do click tests and examine GUI properties and SAP transaction) if you run SAP GUI for Windows 7.30 and Windows 7?

I did my homework and searched the SCN. I already know about:

• Microsoft KB 969168 Microsoft Agent-enabled programs do not work in Windows 7; I installed the hotfix on my Win 7 computer, but it does not help
  • SAP Note 1633639 - Script Development Tool disabled from Windows 7; give you a background of the issue but refers to SAP GUI 7.20
  • I know about Scripting Tracker Lite and Bebo, both tools made and promoted by Stefan Schnell; I use them but switching back and forth between 2 apps is not optimal. Also you have to rescan all the active connections when you change the screen and this takes time if you run 6 connections/ Still good they exist.

I did not find any info for Windows 7 and SAP GUI 7.30

Thanks a bunch.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member219272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitar,

The Script Development Tool will be completely disabled on machines running Windows 7 and higher, irrespective of if SAP GUI patch level is 7.20 or 7.30

Regards

Rahul

0 Kudos

Thanks Rahul. Too bad SAP has decided to disabled it. It used to save me so much time.

Answers (0)