cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart card sso using Netweaver SSO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Netweaber SSO document says that we can use smart card in order to sign on to sap based system. Unfortunately, I could not find any document about configuration. I wonder whether we can use smard card or not?

Our users have their own smartcard. They enter their pin when they put smart card in to their slot.

What we want to do is that ask user's pin code, when the user enteres his pin code correctly, we let user to login to the system (sso).

Is it possible to use netweaver-sso ?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

donka_dimitrova
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Alper,

If we assume that after this action “Our users have their own smartcard. They enter their pin when they put smart card in to their slot.” there is a certificate visible in the Windows Certificate Store for this user.

This certificate could be used for client certificate authentication to Web based SAP applications, running on the server.

In order to use these certificates for client certificate authentication you have to do for example these things:           

1. First to Configure the Use of SSL on the Java Server.
  2. To enable client authentication with X.509 client certificates, you must configure authentication with X.509 client certificates on the AS Java. For more information, see: Configuring the Use of Client Certificates for Authentication .
  3. Configure the ClientCertLoginModule for establishing the AS Java user ID from the client certificate and filtering provided certificates. For more information, see Modifying Client Certificate Authentication Options.
  4. Configure the ClientCertLoginModule options to determine the user ID based on the client certificate. For example Configure the use of rules based on certificate subject names .

I hope this answers your question.

Best Regards,

Donka Dimitrova

Product Expert,

SAP NetWeaver SSO