Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clicking on Documents/ blog link does not display respective page

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Im facing one issue in the SCN after the recent maintenance shutdown. Whenever I click on Documents or Blog post, system does not take me to respective page. Instead it is bring up the discussion threads. I'm attaching the snap shots.

Untitled1 displays when I click on Documents or blog as shown in Untitled

Is any one else facing the similar problem?  What could be the possible reasons??

Regards,

ntn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This should be resolved now (filters disapearing) . Please check again and advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not resolved. Below is the Go to link present in space overview page.

scn.sap.com/community/oracle/content?filterID=content~objecttype~objecttype[thread]

Tested on IE, Firefox, Chromium with/without login.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not resolved yet. I still get that screen when Im clicking on mentioned tabs

ntn

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is working now. Don't know how and when it got corrected. Closing the thread.

ntn

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

stephaniedaum
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Similar issue here: On one of my pages () I have many linked sections. The links to the sections do not work at all any longer.

A collegue told me that the links lead to some weird places.

Also, there was an image on this page that I don't know at all and did not inlcude there.

I cannot visit any of my documents on the SCN, so further investigation is not possible.

Neither does it work via WTS.

(I also cannot start a discussion on the support page - so I simply attach my issue to Nitin's discussion!)

Cheers, Steffi

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to apply correct style to heading of sections (header 1 to header 6), and insert Table of Contents at the top.

The ToC will then update automatically with correct navigation links.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Manish is correct: the use of 'sections' and anchor tags isn't as stable as using the native TOC widget. Learn more about it here: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-29083#jive_content_id_Inserting_a_Table_of_Contents

stephaniedaum
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thank you guys, I'll try that. For some reason, it didn't work when I created the page ...

However - until yesterday it worked fine with the sections and anchors 😕 But with a TOC it would be better of course.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is a bug.

You can get around it by navigating to ABAP space > Content > Documents.

OR update your bookmarks with correct URL. Content has now become contentstatus[published].

Working URL

Non-Working URL

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You can get around it by navigating to ABAP space > Content > Documents.

I can't seem to get this working too

Ihave quite a lot content bookmarked & it'll be real bad if i have to update them individually.

- Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I first opened ABAP space.

scn.sap.com/community/abap

Then clicked on content.

scn.sap.com/community/abap/content

Then clicked on documents icon.

scn.sap.com/community/abap/content?filterID=contentstatus%5Bpublished%5D%7Eobjecttype%7Eobjecttype%5Bdocument%5D

You can export the bookmarks (firefox saves html file) to local file, do a regex search/replace to correct the URLs, and reimport the bookmarks file.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would say  this should be corrected by SCN in general, I dont think that each user should go thrugh this task.

There are some bugs which need to be addressed that someone can take care. It is not really stabil in the momemt.

I cant create any discussion with IE8,

I could not log in with Chrome using my Certificate,

I cannot open my own blog from reputation tab,

I sometimes cannot answer from communications stream, while it is possible if the discussion is opened in an extra window.

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

i have the same issue with creating new content or editing old content (in FireFox) and i have traced the issue with HTTPFox. There error looks like this:

"GET /community/oracle/post!input.jspa?containerType=14&container=2157 HTTP/1.1"

"HTTP/1.1 204 No Content" -- Error "NS_BINDING_ABORTED"

Even the advanced editor is not working at all anymore ... what a great update with a great user experience

Regards

Stefan

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Absolutely correct. There has to be a stabilised system instead of juggling around.

Besides, i cannot edit my post once i post it (I know it doesn't work if someone has replied to it, but im talking about when no one has responded)

I wonder if some one else also has countered this.

ntn

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Right now I cannot even open my own discussion from earlier today.

not from by content, not when going to the forum and clicking the subject line, not with a right mouse click to open in a new window (window opens without content). However, I can open any other discussion using this ways.

And I was able to edit my discussion earlier today.

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

yes, the same here. I already reported it here:

Regards

Stefan

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You can export the bookmarks (firefox saves html file) to local file, do a regex search/replace to correct the URLs, and reimport the bookmarks file.

Imho, this was definitely the last thing on my mind when the announcement read -

SCN is improving

Ridiculous ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Should be fixed now. It works for me at least!

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Too bad bookmarks are not cloud synced to SCN server. Otherwise they may have improved simultaneously.

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

the issue has been resolved by now.

Best,

Oliver

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Manish Kumar wrote:

Too bad bookmarks are not cloud synced to SCN server. Otherwise they may have improved simultaneously.

Oops! I think we have a misunderstanding here. I was talking about the bookmarks you can save in SCN & not the ones you save in your browser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ookay. In that case it is ridonkulous.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

clicking the document link on the overview page takes me only to the content page, without any filter.

clicking the document link on the content page filters correctly.

Yes, it seems to be a bug

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for the confirmation.

It is very difficult to refer the docs which I had not bookmarked earlier

ntn

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can this be added to SCN Known Issues List

ntn