cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started in SAP NetWeaver developer studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

previouly i used to develop custom iviews using PDK.

now i installed NetWeaver developer studio. i want to develop some iviews (PAR) in SAP NW Dev Studio. how do i start .

i dint find the packages and classes.

can anybody explain me.

thx

pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

first, always use the NWDS corresponding to your portal server, so NWDS 2.0.11 for EP6 SP11 for example.

Second, just create a new Portal project (File / New / Project / Portal Application / Create a Portal Application Project ...). NWDS will set some predefined classpath references.

If you need extra parts of EP, downlload them from the server, put them on your filesystem (if you don't have an EP installed locally for dev purposes) and reference the JARs needed.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i installed NWDS 2.0 11 only. i have EP6 SP9 for development server.

if i go to creating new portal project..i'm unable to see portal application.

File/new/project/after that i'm able to see only java application/java/dictionary...like that

where can i see portal application project..

pl let me know

thx

pradeep

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I installed NWDS SP11 just five days ago, build number 200503080124, from SAP Service Marketplace. No problem at all, and everything is there like described.

Check your build number, eventually download NWDS again and install completely.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev

Thanks for ur info!

i just want to know that...what is the best way of developing custom iviews for accessing and updating backend system database tables like SCM or R/3 etc...

1. SAP NetWeaver Developer studio

2.PDK

3.Visual composer

pl let me know

thx

PRadeep

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

> 1. SAP NetWeaver Developer studio

This for sure is the standard way to implement complete applications and so on.

> 2. PDK

The PDK is a role within EP, primarily consisting of iViews which already exist under other roles in EP (but centralized for dev purposes) and documentation). The PDK is no dev environment.

> 3. Visual composer

I think that for the purposes you described VC is the quick tool of the choice, but as you can see, I'm not really active in the VC forum, for I'm not working with it (for different reasons). So don't trust my words in this area (at least not at this point in time).

Hope it helps

Detlev