cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase length of Attribute of Node of a Context of Standard Webdynpro Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Experts,

Does anybody have an idea how to increase length of a Attribute of Node of a Context of Standard Webdynpro Application.

I've enhanced Webdynpro Application OBJECTDATAPROVIDER created Post Exit of Method FILL_NAVIGATION_CONTEXT due to some requirement.

Data gets displayed in Node NAVOBJECTSLIST - Attribute OBJECT_TEXT but since this is of only length 40 char so when data is more than 40 char it gets chopped off from the end.

Any idea how to achieve this or is there any other way to display data more than 40 char. I'm new to ABAP Webdynpro so not sure how to move forwrad on this.

Thanks,

Sunny Thakur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member219762
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Create new output ui and bind it to the OBJECT_CUSTOM_TEXT  .To know how hide standard ui element go through this link http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/700317da-bd79-2c10-368e-8f18bf5d8...

Regards,

Sreenivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sreenivas/Rama,

Thanks for your inputs.

Attached are the screenshots of the Context/Layout tabs,

Can you please tell me where I should bind new attribute OBJECT_CUSTOM_TEXT which I created to standard attribute OBJECT_TEXT.I'm not sure where I should hide standard attribute.

Appreciate your help on this!

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

I think you are not at the right view.

To find out the view related to view ui element.

Steps:

1. Place the mouse pointer over view ui field
  2. Click the right mouse button to see the menu options
  3. Choose technical help and find out the view

Once you find the right view, follow the link suggested by Sreenivasa Rao.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Sunny Thakur wrote:

Data gets displayed in Node NAVOBJECTSLIST - Attribute OBJECT_TEXT but since this is of only length 40 char so when data is more than 40 char it gets chopped off from the end.

Here I can understand that the context attribute is having only 40 chars and the display text is with more than 40 chars and text is being truncated in display. Hence just creating view element text edit/ text view and binding to an existing attribute will not solve your issue.

You can achieve your requirement as below

Case 1: If the Context node is bound any ddic structure

1. Open the ddic structure and append new strcture and create a field with required no. of chars
  2. Right click on context node, use menu - Create using the wizard ---> attributes from components of structure
  3. Choose the field which you have included into structure. i.e. now new attribute is added into context node
  4. Use this attribute and create an text edit/view ui element on view and bind it to the new attribute
  5. hide the standard ui element form view
  6. Populate the value to newly created attribute

Case 2: If the context node is not bound to any ddic structure

1. Create an attribute into the context node by using menu; create->attribute
  2. Use this attribute and create an text edit/view ui element on view and bind it to the new attribute
  3. hide the standard ui element form view
  4. Populate the value to newly created attribute

You can check out the case which is relevant to you and follow the steps to resolve the issue.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

former_member219762
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Enhance the view with ui element with required length and bind OBJECT_TEXT to that and hide standard .

Regards,

Sreenivas.