Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP solution required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Request you to suggest how to tackle the following scenario in SAP:

Business Process: We sign a contract with a dealer (example: Tata service center) for at least 1year. Dealer provides place at their service center where we have our contract employees perform the services agreed to in the contract. Dealer sends the cars of customers who agree for additional services (example: interior cleaning and polishing) that come to them for servicing. At the beginning of every month products required to fulfill these services are sent to the service center based on past consumption and a ‘0’ value invoice is raised for these products. At the end of the month an invoice is raised to the dealer for all the services provided for the entire month. Dealer verifies the invoices with the ones he billed to the end customer and makes a payment. ( the ‘0’ invoice is raised for the products that may be consumed while providing the services and normal material numbers are entered in this invoice. The bill to the dealer has service articles and does not contain what products were used or thequantity consumed).

We are implementing SAP and are having difficulty handling the above case and any help in this regards will be highly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and assistance in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

This requirement can be handled quite well in SAP customer service

You can create a Contract of type WV (maintenance contract) with customer in VA41

you can perform the service, then with reference to Contract create a Service Notification, which in turn will create a service order

In Service order you can add Service center as work center ( to represent your service technicians)

add operations such as Interior cleaning and polishing) with duration

In transaction IW41 you can confirm the activity with actual duration

In the service order you can also add components if any require during service

Once service is done, you can create a Debit memo request with either Operation cost or Component cost or both

Bill to the customer, you can also settle the cost to Profitability segment or cost center based on your Controlling requirement

Hope it is clear

revert if you need any more details

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply Santosh.

I still do not understand how I can handle the material issue at the beginning of the month as we issue a '0' value invoice with reference to the physical material numbers that we send out to the service centre at the beginning of the month. At the end of the month we bill the service articles which does not refer to the physical articles. Also It is possible that we may use multiple materials while providing one service and these materials may not be used in full for example for Interior cleaning & paint restoration service we may use 750ML of a 1Ltr bottle of paint, 250ML of a 1Ltr bottle of rustoff and 300ML of a 1Ltr of polishing liquid. Which means we may use one bottle of polish for 3 services approximately for example.

Thanks & regards,

Shiva

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What Vemuri has suggested has a lot of merit.

What your problem seems to be related is how you are going to utilize the Products that you sent to the Service Center with respect to when, how much of that is utilized. 

I am not too familiar with CS but there must be some way where you can track the component utilization and cost capture from accounting point of view.

I would recommend the CS route.

Thanks.  

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You might want to first read a little about a similar topic sometime back:

http://scn.sap.com/message/14341072#14341072

I was part of that discussion.

After going through that if you want to discuss this further, I can step in.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dee Sea,

Thank you for your response. I have gone through the thread you have suggested and I see that it is a similar issue thought a bit different and I see that you have suggested the consignment process to handle this issue however how do we handle the billing part as when we send the materials to the dealer a GI doc will be issued against the material numbers which represent the physical materials however when it comes to billing the services we have service article numbers in the bill. It is possible that we may use multiple materials while providing one service and these materials may not be used in full for example for Interior cleaning & paint restoration service we may use 750ML of a 1Ltr bottle of paint, 250ML of a 1Ltr bottle of rustoff and 300ML of a 1Ltr of polishing liquid. Which means we may use one bottle of polish for 3 services approximately for example.

Thanks & regards,

Shiva