cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fetching less records in webi xir2 compared to database

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi everyone,

i am try to build webi report on universe with one fact table and 4 dim tables with star schema ,and equi join between the tables,but at the end records fetching from webi less when compared with database pasting the same webi generated query in the database.huge diffrence of rec

i tried with with diffrent joins left outer,right outerfull outer but the result is same less records

and in webi no filters and no conditions, i unchecked max limit rows in webi and unv but not working,

please help on above with your valuble inputs,

thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

Your databased might be giving duplicate rows and the same might be getting clubbed at universe and WebI level.

You can check this by filtering only one record at WebI level and filter the same record in where clause at Database level (e.g if Account No is present in query then filter Account no.= XXXX on report and filter the same account in where clause of the query and execute the sql on database)

You can also take the Sum of any measure in WebI report and check the same on database level. If both the summations are correct then your WebI report is fetching correct result.

Also check if the option present at query level to avoid duplicate rows is checked or unchecked.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

Try to copy your webi query and run it in database directly and see if the same results are in webi or is it different.

You can also check if data is aggregated at report level but in database you are seeing all the records..

You can  perform a test by creating another report tab and dragging all the report objects into it, just to avoid any block or report level filter scenario.

Regards,

GS

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

XIR2 was end of life in 2010..  are you in a position to be able to test on a higher version?

it's entirely possible that you are encountering a bug which could have been fixed xx years ago.. but it's not so fresh in our collective minds.

For example, what SP and Fix Pack are you using ?

Regards,

H