cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to create some customers with past date .. how is possible ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear I want to create some customers with past date  .. how is possible ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

Not possible in Standard SAP. Go for any Z-Program with the help of technical guy.

Regards,

Kundan

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kundan,

I think this point is covered by MoazzaM and I agree with him on this.

Thanks.

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

MoazzaM, Jignesh, Andrea, Vemuri and Others have given you the right inputs.

If you consolidate those you will get your solution.

If you are still looking for the Holy Grail for this, there is none. To repeat, Customers do not have any  Valid from Date. Whatever date the Customer Master is created is the valid from date.

As suggested by the members you can use additional fields in the Customer Master and give the Customers discounts based on that. What you are probably needing is just a trigger.

What you need to also probably look at things like:

1. What is the % or Amount you want to give discount ?
  2. Is it a One Time Lump sum thing or ongoing ?
  3. How long is the discount going to be ?
  4. Does it need to be given for every Invoice or as and when some kind of trigger is requested ?

Overall, from what I can think, there must be some limits right ? I am pretty sure after some instances business would not want this. 

If it is one time stuff you want to do, you could just create a Credit Note for your Old Customers.

Sales and Marketing can come with unique schemes every time, but it is difficult to address everything.

Hope I have not added to the confusion here

Thanks.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can use a empty (Unused) field in Customer Master & enter a past date in the same.

Now while generating Report, system will refer this date & offer required results.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

if this is the scenario, you should better find out a parameter in the customer master data, and then assign it to the customers the discount should be applied to. And then determine the discount using that parameter in condition access. It could be for example "Price group" or "Price list" in Sales Area data, or one of the "Customer group" fields in "Additional customer data".

Best regards,

Andrea

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Geetha,

When many people are asking about what was the exact business requirement,why you want to create customer on past date ? Please reply.

Waiting for your reply.

thanks,

Srinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my company ... We are going to give some discount to customers who were created in the lost 6 months Based on Invoice Value so actually what happend some customers ( who are very close to business ) they took new customer to business place and requesting us to create this customers with old dates

It is based on relatiion ship so kindly understand this process

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is based on relatiion ship so kindly understand this process

In other words your company wants to oblige those old customers and their newly brought customers. Although I didnt fully understood your scenario but I know one thing that you cant create customer in past date. By the way if you are talking about KNA1-ERDAT then this is not possible because system saves this date in background and we can't change it.

Why dont you ask your company or relevant person to follow some other process. They can give discount based on invoice dates or if they are stick on customers creation date then they can give discounts manually.

Thank$

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Geetha,

Generally Master Records like Customer Master do not have validity dates & creation date does not effect any transactional data.

Can you tell the need for creating Customer master record with back date?

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let us know your Business requirement?

Regards,

MH

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Geetha,

Why you need that is in past date. As i know it is not possible.The stamp will be always on creation date.

Regards,

Madhu.

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Geetha,

Please let us know why you want create in the past date?

thanks,

Srinu.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no validity periods for customer master

Could you please let us know further information on what you are looking for specifically ?

regards,

santosh

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Geetha,

I don't thinks so it is possible in SAP standard.

Discuss this issue with ABAPer they may help you else you can give the new name & address to old customer which is not in used now.

Thanks,