Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPNW(UNIX/LINUX)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know regarding :

1.Protecting Specific Properties, Files and Servic

2. Setting Access Privileges for SAP System Directories and Files

As a part of SAP Security under Linux/UNIX.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you should have a look at the following link which will solve both of your questions.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/6a/abe43941506e64e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Thanks.

*Pls provide points if find usefull

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you should have a look at the following link which will solve both of your questions.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/6a/abe43941506e64e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Thanks.

*Pls provide points if find usefull

dhorions
Contributor
0 Kudos

Wow, this is amazing, you question is an exact copy of the beginning of the page where the answer is.

What an extreme coincidence.

If I wasn't so naive I might think you guys just do this for the points.

<b>please reward points if usefull :-)</b>

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Well, maybe they sell the T-shirts on ebay ...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

and as the tag line wld be...

i got it cheap... so can u!!!

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Are Pradeep and Rahul working for the same company ...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have also noticed some odd coincidences and even stranger answers for a while already.

Sometimes after an interesting thread with usefull information from members, a "one timer" turns up a few days later with a similar question and then gets a comprehensive executive summary of the previous thread, which they did not contribute to. Sometimes within less than 5 minutes...

That might be "passing on information" for some (a good thing) but some of it is not plausible for me anymore.

There are also some "180 timers" (posts) who have never managed to score a single point.

SDN is also not meant to be a 24 x 7 SAP Support Center, so answers which simply refer to SAP standard documentation are not realy usefull for a discussion (and probably boring as hell for Wolfgang).

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks Julius. Well, I consider SDN (SAP Developer Network) to be a forum for developers / technical persons to <b><i>exchange thoughts and experiences</i></b>.

SAP employees <i>may</i> contribute as well. (Actually many more are silently reading, only a few are contributing occationally). All statements made by individual SAP employees express only their <u>personal</u> opinion - they shall <u>not</u> be interpreted as "official statements".

My personal motivation to reply to (certain, definetly not all ...) SDN forum postings is to provide some insight on topics which you will hardly find explained in online help documents (because they aim at a different target group) - mainly to clarify technical issues that are (commonly) misunderstood. Another motivation for me (personally) is: to get some insight on other person's views (opening the window of the "ivory tower" ...).

Cheers, Wolfgang

(Last time I've been offered a T-Shirt I've "donated" it to a colleague)

PS: SDN is definetly <u>not</u> the place to report problems ... (but to ask questions / report experiences)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am with you Wolfgang (except I kept the T-shirt).

What actually happened to the moderators?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just observed threads by Rahul Khanna.No sooner has he posted those questions, a particular person answers them in less than 10 minutes.

It has happened on more than one occasions..

Now how many of you think thats a mere coincidence?

Award points